The easiest, flavor-packed side dish EVER! Wrap everything in foil, toss in your seasonings and you’re set!
I have three love affairs when it comes to food: 1. side dishes, 2. foil recipes and 3. garlic parmesan. Side dishes are one of the most important components of a meal, sometimes even more important than the main entree, and foil recipes are, well, just so stinking easy. I don’t think I need to explain love affair #3.
So when you combine all three together, you create the most epic side dish of all. It’s quick, it’s packed with tons of flavor, and it all comes together in an easy peasy foil packet with freshly grated Parmesan, plenty of garlic, and Italian seasoning.
But the secret for a successful foil packet is to use baby red potatoes – the teeniest ones you can find. If baby red potatoes are unavailable, it is best to cut the potatoes in small pieces so that they can be cooked in a timely manner without overcooking the broccoli.
My favorite part about this is the individual foil packets for easy serving – and you get to save on a few dishes too!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 24 ounces broccoli florets*
- 16 ounces baby potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and onion powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide broccoli and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Spoon the garlic mixture over the broccoli and potatoes.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the vegetables, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15-25 minutes.*
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
*Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the potatoes.