Fresh & Delicious Greek Chicken Salad
There is a thing so uncomplicated, still so enjoyable about a veggie & protein-packed Greek salad. I mean, what is improved than clean, crunchy greens, salty feta and olives, and a light-weight, zippy dressing all tossed together?
It is likely why my chopped Greek chickpea salad is one of the most well-known salads on my web-site, and why this mouth watering, simple Greek hen salad will be your new fav lunch to food prep. This attractive Greek salad is section of my “salad in a jar” sequence and has every thing you could require in a fulfilling lunch.
We’re adding each chickpeas and grilled or baked chicken to this recipe for double the protein, moreover my selfmade Greek dressing that is oh-so refreshing and tangy. Layer up all of the products in a mason jar and delight in an straightforward lunch on the go!
The essential to producing a salad in a jar
I enjoy producing and storing salads in jars for the reason that they are this sort of an uncomplicated, exciting way to food prep! The critical to a perfect mason jar salad is to layer the components in a way that they never get soggy. You’ll generally want to set the dressing at the bottom, followed by crunchy veggies, protein, and greens at the top. Get all of my mason jar salad tips & recipes in this article!
For case in point, in this Thai-influenced chicken salad in a jar, you are going to want to preserve that romaine crisp and nuts crunchy by including them very last!
Anything you will will need to make this Greek rooster salad
Say good day to crunchy veggies, tons of mouth watering protein, and a mild, flavorful Greek dressing that will knock your socks off. Here’s what you are going to have to have to make this Greek hen salad:
- For the dressing: I have a homemade Greek dressing that you can use both equally in the salad and to marinate the rooster if you’re cooking it from scratch. You could also use my do-it-yourself tzatziki sauce, or truly feel free to use your favored retailer-purchased Greek dressing.
- Hen: you will require cooked, diced or shredded chicken breast. Notes on this down below!
- Chickpeas: we’re packing in an excess strengthen of protein with tasty chickpeas.
- Veggies: tomato, cucumber, red onion, and romaine lettuce give the Greek rooster salad plenty of crunch and freshness.
- Combine-ins: we’re also including some kalamata olives and feta crumbles for the top savory, salty bites.
Easy methods to increase hen to this Greek salad
This Greek chickpea rooster salad is the excellent way to use up leftover chicken or even rotisserie chicken. If you’d like to prepare dinner rooster from scratch we endorse:
You could also make my Baked or Grilled Honey Mustard Hen and add some of it to your salad for relieve.
Simply personalize your Greek hen salad
This Greek chicken salad is super simple to customise with what you have on hand and to your flavor tastes. Here’s what I can advocate incorporating and/or swapping:
- To make vegetarian: simply just omit the hen and more chickpeas or 1 cup of cooked, cubed tofu. Master how to grill tofu listed here!
- Increase some healthful fats: truly feel no cost to include 1/4 diced avocado for a creamy improve of healthful fats.
- Opt for your blend-ins: in my view, kalamata olives are a will have to for a Greek-motivated salad, but sense cost-free to use your most loved olives like black or green olives, or omit them if you’re not a lover.
How to make this Greek rooster salad in a jar
- Prep the dressing. Get started by earning the Greek dressing or deciding on your fav retail store-acquired Greek dressing.
- Chop your produce. Chop and dice all of your veggies and fruits as directed so that they are chunk-sized.
- Layer the mason jar. Add all of the components to your mason jar in the pursuing get: dressing, tomato, cucumber, chickpeas, pink onion, olives, feta, chicken breast, and romaine.
- Retail outlet, then serve. Store your mason jar salad in the fridge until finally you’re completely ready to consume it, then enjoy!
Storing & serving strategies
Store the Greek hen salad in a 16 ounce mason jar or meal prep container for up to 2-3 days. Due to the fact it’s difficult to generate the levels in a meal prep container, I advise storing the dressing independently and including it right ahead of serving. Just pour the salad out from the jar into a bowl or on to a plate to get pleasure from it, or mix it appropriate in your meal prep container.
Far more food prep salad recipes we like
Get all of my mason jar salad recipes listed here, and the relaxation of my salad recipes in this article!
I hope you enjoy this delicious Greek chicken salad. If you make it be confident to go away a comment and a ranking so I know how you favored it. Enjoy, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Try to eat Appreciate Eats
This submit was at first posted on April 30, 2018, and current & republished on August 10, 2022.
Leave a Reply