You won’t believe how easy it is to make potatoes right in foil – simply cut, wrap in foil and bake. Easy clean-up and just so good!
Did you know that you can cook potatoes in foil? They’re perfect for grilling, camping or baking, whichever method you prefer. But the foil method here makes for a super easy no-fuss recipe, and clean-up is an absolute breeze.
Now the best part about this recipe is how you can add a combination of veggies to your liking – onion, cauliflower, carrots, etc. Simply throw them right into your foil pouches, brush on your seasonings, and wrap. That’s it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, thyme and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut six sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide potatoes into 6 equal portions, about 1 cup per foil packet, and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Spoon the lemon mixture over the potatoes. Fold the sides of the foil over the potatoes, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15-20 minutes.*
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.
*Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the potatoes.