This will be the only creamed spinach recipe you will ever need. So creamy, cheesy and EASY PEASY! 10000x better than store-bought!
This is my favorite part about the holidays.
All the dishes with the word “cream” is thrown around like no other.
Creamy mashed potatoes.
Creamy mashed sweet potatoes.
And of course.
So let’s just put our calorie count on the side for a few days.
And enjoy all that is “cream”.
But hey, this is a spinach-based dish.
So at least we’re getting our serving of veggies this holiday season.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all purpose flower
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 16oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and nutmeg. Cook, stirring frequently, until shallots have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually whisk in heavy cream and milk. Cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce has begun to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses until melted, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in spinach until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.