The BEST and EASIEST beef and broccoli made in 15 min from start to finish. And yes, it’s quicker, cheaper and healthier than take-out!
Ever since we moved to Hollywood, Jason and I have been ordering delivery several times a week. There are tons of fun restaurants we’re just dying to try out but once we get home, we’re just too tired to leave the house again. Plus, Butters makes it really difficult for us to leave.
But as convenient as delivery is, I just can’t keep waiting 60-90 mins for them to come! Plus, the food is always cold by the time it hits our table. So when I had a beef and broccoli craving the other day – a craving I have at least once a week – I just had to try Carrian’s easy version of this.
And yes, it really is the EASIEST beef and broccoli I have ever made! The slow cooker version of mine is great too, perfect for when you work an 8 hr day, but this – this is on your dinner table in 15 minutes, and this includes the prep time! But don’t be fooled by the easiness of the recipe – it’s just as flavorful and tasty, if not better, than take-out!
- ⅔ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken stock, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch, Sriracha, ginger, red pepper flakes and 1/4 cup water; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and soy sauce mixture until tender and slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.