We’re again with one particular of my most loved pantry staples for producing fast and straightforward lunches and dinners: canned tuna! That is correct, no matter if you like canned tuna, have under no circumstances tried out it, or it just reminds you of “chicken of the sea,” believe in me when I say these healthy recipes making use of a can of tuna will be kinds you are going to make once again and yet again.
What can you do with a can of tuna?
The choices are endless! In these delightful, basic canned tuna recipes you are going to discover all the things from cozy stovetop foods to salads employing lots of fresh new substances. If you come across on your own with additional cans of tuna and wonder how to make it flavor much better, these healthier canned tuna recipes are shiny, nourishing and pack in tons of taste. Skip the conventional mayo-filled tuna salad and attempt out a single of these canned tuna recipe makeovers.
Different styles of canned tuna
If you’ve ever perused the grocery tale aisle with canned tuna you probably observed that there are distinctive types to opt for from.
- Albacore: this is the major sort of tuna applied in canned tuna types, usually called “white tuna.” It’s light-weight in coloration and flavor and rather business in texture.
- Yellowfin: this variety of tuna is a little bit a lot more pink in color but is continue to delicate in flavor. Yellowfin tuna is also regarded as ahi tuna when it is ready otherwise (and not canned).
- Skipjack: this tuna is usually labeled as “chunk light” and has a more powerful flavor.
Not only are there distinct versions of the canned tuna alone, but it can also be canned in distinct ways. You will find that some tuna is canned with olive oil, some with just drinking water, excess salt, no salt extra, etc. so just choose a appear and pick a canned tuna that you desire! They will very substantially all get the job done in the recipes under, just be positive to drain the tuna right before using it.
Benefits of applying canned tuna
- It is economical. Cans of tuna are usually less than $2 and typically come in packs of 4-6 for producing tons of scrumptious recipes.
- It is multipurpose. For the reason that canned tuna is delicate in taste it’s perfect for mixing it up with unique flavors and elements to actually make it your individual.
- It’s packed with vitamins and minerals. Just one can of tuna has above 20g of protein! That’s why these recipes using a can of tuna will preserve you entire and happy even for a swift snack.
Let us get our tuna on. If you make any of these delightful, healthy canned tuna recipes be absolutely sure to head over to the recipe to leave a comment and a ranking so I know how you appreciated it! And remain tuned for far more pantry staple recipe roundups in the coming week. Enjoy, xo!
Healthier Tuna Noodle Casserole
Honey Mustard Apple Tuna Salad
Thai Tuna Patties with Cilantro Cabbage Slaw
Stovetop Southwest Tuna Mac and Cheese
Significant-Protein Black Bean Avocado Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Pesto Tuna Caprese Cucumber Bites
Farmer’s Market place Spicy Tuna Wraps with Handmade Chipotle Greek Yogurt Ranch
Inexperienced Goddess Tuna Quinoa Salad