Damn Good Healthy Salmon Taco Bowls For Two
I wanted to do some thing a little diverse to use up the very last Alaskan caught wild salmon filets in our freezer, so I assumed, why not make a chipotle design burrito bowl — but with salmon rather of chicken or steak. A several jazzed up ingredients afterwards, like sofrito rice, and scrumptious, heart-healthier salmon taco bowls had been born.
Identical to my damn fantastic tahini cookies and damn superior peanut butter cake, you know if I’m contacting it DAMN Superior, then you know it is gotta be out of this entire world tasty.
Every little thing you’ll will need to make salmon taco bowls
These damn fantastic salmon taco bowls are loaded with scrumptious sofrito rice, flawlessly seasoned salmon, and all of the toppings your heart wishes. Here’s what you are going to require:
- Salmon: due to the fact this recipe serves 2, you will have to have 2 wild salmon filets that are about 6oz every single.
- Taco seasoning: we’re using my well known do-it-yourself taco seasoning to flawlessly season the salmon filets.
- Rice: I like to use jasmine or basmati rice due to the fact it turns out tremendous fluffy and delightful. You’ll prepare dinner the rice with warming spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric & garlic powder.
- Sofrito: what can make the rice extra unique is that you will also cook it in a do-it-yourself sofrito, which is a sauce made use of in Hispanic cooking. Read through much more on it under!
- Toppings: what’s a taco bowl without delightful toppings?! I like to include avocado, scorching sauce, Greek yogurt, green onion and a squeeze of lime juice.
Customise your taco bowls
Here’s what I can advise for ingredient swaps in these salmon taco bowls:
- Select a new protein: truly feel no cost to use 2 6oz rooster breasts or 1 lb shrimp instead of salmon filets. You are going to add the taco seasoning the very same way, then you can bake or grill the chicken, and bake, grill or cook dinner the shrimp in a skillet!
- Swap your grains: as a substitute of jasmine rice, you could also use brown rice or quinoa. Be sure to be aware that you will require to cook brown rice for a longer time in accordance to the instructions on the bundle, but quinoa must do the job with the exact same cooking time.
Want to make it vegetarian?
This recipe would also do the job nicely with tofu! To swap the salmon for tofu:
- Cut your tofu block into 2×3″ rectangular strips to bake or grill your tofu, or dice your tofu to bake or pan fry it.
- Right after cubing or chopping your tofu into 2×3″ rectangular strips, toss it in the taco seasoning right up until each and every dice or strip is effectively coated.
- Then grill it with these ideas, bake it at 400 levels F for 25-30 minutes flipping midway by way of, or pan fry the tofu right up until it is golden brown on all sides.
What is sofrito?
In Spanish, sofrito means sauce, and it is extremely common when it arrives to Puerto Rican food items. My model is a combination of garlic, onion, environmentally friendly bell pepper, cilantro and tomato sauce. Some do it with contemporary tomatoes and culantro, but this is how I ordinarily make it.
Strategies for making the selfmade sofrito rice
I’m quite significantly obsessed with the flavors in this sofrito rice (and you will be, far too.) Here’s how to make it tremendous fluffy sofrito rice:
- Initial saute your onion, eco-friendly pepper, cilantro and garlic for just about 2-4 minutes. You’ll want to make positive they are all Incredibly FINELY DICED. This is crucial.
- Then you are going to add in tomato sauce, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic powder, salt and pepper and simmer till sauce arrives collectively (this is the sofrito!)
- Upcoming, you will add in water, convey it to a boil, stir in your rice, and minimize the warmth to low to cook dinner it proper in the pot for 15-20 minutes.
- And finally, you’ll clear away the pot from the warmth, stir the rice with a fork and location the lid back on for 20 far more minutes to make it possible for the rice to steam. The rice will be fluffy and flawlessly seasoned to make the perfect foundation in these salmon taco bowls.
How to cook the best salmon in the oven
My complete favored way to cook salmon so that it is moist, flavorful and stays collectively is to bake it correct in the oven. In this recipe, you will time your salmon just suitable to go alongside with the fluffy seasoned rice that goes in the bowl. Cooking the best salmon is straightforward! Here’s what you are going to want to do:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Generously time your salmon. In this recipe you are going to use an remarkable, do-it-yourself taco seasoning with coconut sugar, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, a pinch of cayenne and salt & pepper.
- Line a substantial baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and grease evenly with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Place marinated or seasoned salmon skin facet down on baking sheet.
- For every inch of thickness, bake for 15 minutes. My salmon is generally excellent about 18 minutes. Flake salmon with a fork and provide!
Pro-suggestion: constantly err on the side of undercooking fairly than overcooking salmon to continue to keep is awesome and moist!
Hunting to grill your salmon?
You can! Get all of my ideas & methods for grilling best salmon with this information.
More ways to use this taco seasoned salmon
A person of the greatest parts about this recipe is that not only can you use the homemade taco seasoning as a marinade for issues like hen (and even tofu!) but you can cook the salmon according to the recommendations and create even more mouth watering recipes with it. Make sure you observe: I propose doubling the spices for 1 pound of taco meat.
Try this salmon in actual tacos with corn or flour tortillas, scrambled with eggs (seems strange but it is incredible!) or in a yummy taco salad like this 1 for more protein.
More mouth watering dinners you’ll appreciate
Get all of my mouth watering meal recipes listed here!
I hope you really like these healthier salmon taco bowls as a great deal as we did! If you make it, be confident to leave a comment underneath and charge the recipe. xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Take in Love Eats
Leave a Reply