Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup | SRCooking
As you may well know by now, lots of my recipe inspiration will come from my wonderful mother and grandma who cook dinner the most delectable, comforting foods stuffed with Puerto Rican affect. If you have not had my mom’s Puerto Rican Rice & Beans nevertheless, it’s an complete must.
Previous winter I posted an incredible soup recipe that was motivated by my mama who makes a Incredible related soup. In truth, she sent me the cutest video clip of her dancing about and cooking soup (sure, I get a lot of of these and appreciate them) and realized I needed to make no matter what she was acquiring.
This creamy enchilada hen soup is flavorful, nourishing, packed with protein, and simple to make. Very seriously, what’s not to like?! Following earning it I immediately sent photos to my crew and realized it had to go up on the blog site ASAP. I’ve bundled tons of thoughts for toppings to serve with the soup, how to make it in your sluggish cooker, and extra!
Searching for extra tasty soup recipes?
Enter your e-mail to get our 10 Very best soup recipes straight to your inbox for Absolutely free!
What’s the difference concerning enchilada soup and tortilla soup?
Even though really very similar, enchilada soup and tortilla soup often use a little distinctive spices and substances to make up the broth. Regular chicken tortilla soup generally has a thinner broth with fresh tomatoes, distinct types of refreshing or dried chiles (like chiles pasillas), and fried tortilla strips, although enchilada soup has a thicker broth produced with enchilada sauce and typically a thickening agent like masa harina (corn flour).
Both of those are so mouth watering, specifically when you include all of your fav garnishes!
Elements in this hen enchilada soup
This effortless enchilada soup recipe is stuffed with aaalll of the goods. Veggies, beans, tender chicken, tasty spices — very a great deal every thing you need to have in an awesome soup. Here’s what you will will need to make it:
- Veggies: you will get started by cooking up some onion, a jalapeño, eco-friendly bell pepper, cilantro and garlic in olive oil.
- Spices: the warming spices certainly make the soup. You will need cumin, coriander, ground turmeric, garlic powder and oregano. Really do not neglect salt and pepper, also!
- Enchilada sauce: mainly because this is an enchilada soup, we’re adding enchilada sauce ideal into it! I like Siete or Hatch makes.
- Broth: you are going to also have to have some small sodium chicken broth.
- Protein: this soup packs around 30g of protein for each serving thanks to chicken thighs and two cans of cannellini white beans! You could also use chicken breast if you’d like.
- Combine-ins: I really like incorporating frozen corn, fresh lime juice and some additional cilantro to the soup.
- To garnish: add just about anything you like! I normally add further cilantro and lime wedges, jalapeño and avocado slices, and some tortilla strips or chips. Truly feel absolutely free to major with shredded cheese or sour cream, as well, if you’re not dairy totally free!
The vital to creamy enchilada chicken soup
Instead of including any product, product cheese or bitter product to this enchilada soup recipe (like lots of recipes connect with for), you are going to truly produce a creamy texture by blending a can of white cannellini beans with broth or h2o and simmering it proper into the soup! This also adds a different remarkable supply of protein to the soup. Wins all close to.
Effortless substances swaps
If you are out of any of these white bean enchilada soup elements, here’s what I can endorse substituting:
- For the enchilada sauce: if you don’t have any enchilada sauce, you can also use 1 cup of tomato sauce. I also propose incorporating 1/2 teaspoon chili powder to the recipe as very well.
- For the hen: experience cost-free to stir in 2 cups of leftover cooked shredded chicken, or even rotisserie chicken, alternatively of cooking the rooster in the pot! Just increase the hen to the pot with the chicken broth, etc. and simmer for 20 minutes. Learn our fav means to conveniently shred hen right here!
- For the cannellini beans: you can also use two cans of chickpeas as a substitute of cannellini beans if that’s what you have on hand. You’ll use them the exact way as created in the recipe!
Make it in your slow cooker
I originally made this enchilada hen soup recipe on the stovetop, but you can very easily make it in your gradual cooker!
- Prepare dinner the veggies. Stick to the initial step and sauté the veggies on the stovetop. Increase those to your sluggish cooker.
- Blend the soup. Include the relaxation of the elements apart from the ultimate lime juice and cilantro to your slow cooker. Note that you will also want to lower the rooster broth by 1 cup.
- Cook dinner & shred. Prepare dinner the enchilada soup on large for 3-4 several hours or on small for 6-7 hours. Eliminate the hen, shred it, then incorporate it again to your crockpot with the lime juice and cilantro.
- Period & serve. Time the soup to flavor then provide with your fav toppings!
Storing & freezing strategies
- To shop: this healthier hen enchilada soup will keep superior in your fridge for about 5 days. At the time the soup is totally cooled, just put it in an airtight container (or various, if you’d like to meal prep it) devoid of the supplemental toppings and position it in the fridge. To reheat it, only do so in the microwave with a microwave protected bowl, or come to feel no cost to reheat it on the stovetop. Increase your toppings as soon as you are ready to provide!
- To freeze: certainly, you can freeze this enchilada soup! Abide by the directions above, but alternatively of placing the soup in the refrigerator just place it in your freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, merely thaw the soup right away and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave when you’re all set to consume.
Additional cozy soup recipes
Get all of our mouth watering soup recipes in this article!
I hope you like this creamy rooster enchilada soup recipe! If you make it be confident to go away a remark and a score so I know how you favored it. Delight in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Try to eat Like Eats
This write-up was at first revealed on January 26th, 2022, and republished on Oct 6th, 2022.
Leave a Reply