Thanksgiving is getting close and I’m much more than ready to bust out all the fantastic recipes I have been screening in my kitchen more than the last several months. Safe and sound to say Abra and I have been feeding on pretty, pretty well.
To me, Thanksgiving can include your Grandmother’s common recipes but it can also be about experimenting with new recipes and developing your have traditions. Due to the fact coming into Tony’s household, I’ve launched my both equally my do-it-yourself the natural way sweetened cranberry sauce and healthy sweet potato casserole to the desk and now every calendar year we’re confident not to pass up it.
I’m even additional thrilled about the recipes I’m going to publish around the following couple weeks because they are artistic, beautiful and healthy. YASSS. Of course, I really suggest checking out our Thanksgiving category where you can obtain all of our Thanksgiving recipes.
Totally free Best Thanksgiving Guideline (+ printable checklist!)
Regardless of whether you are web hosting or just attending, this Final Thanksgiving Guideline email sequence is for every person. Enter your electronic mail below to get all of my ideal recipes, strategies, and a No cost printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving requirements.
This recipe in specific is influenced by my enjoy affair for acorn squash. I’ve been obsessed with it due to the fact my mother and I started out cooking it for the duration of higher education. One of my favorite techniques to eat it is stuffed with greek yogurt for breakfast.
If you have hardly ever had acorn squash ahead of, then get psyched due to the fact it can be both savory and sweet and a great introductory squash. It’s tender and complete of smoooooooth flava. Basically the Beyonce of all squash…in my opinion in any case.
Today’s recipe was one particular that I built up on a whim and it turned out to be 1 of the most artistic meals I’ve produced in some time. I’m tremendous psyched for you to try out this attractive vegetarian quinoa stuffed acorn squash.
How to reduce acorn squash
To lower your acorn squash, you are going to require a sharp chef’s knife and a strong cutting board. To slash your acorn squash in 50 %, you will require to slash off the conclusion of the acorn squash with the stem on it. You really don’t need to have to minimize a lot off, but almost certainly 1/4 inch.
Once that’s completed, you can stand your acorn squash vertically on the close that you just cut off. This delivers a stable base for you to make a slice without reducing your fingers or hand. Up coming use your knife to make a vertical slash down the middle of the acorn squash. Ultimately coop out the seeds. Now you’ve correctly slice your acorn squash in fifty percent!
How do you make stuffed acorn squash?
- Initially, slice your acorn squash in 50 percent. I choose to do reduce it vertically from stem to finish. To do this, you will very first minimize off the ends of the acorn squash, then slash it vertically through the center. I endorse seeing the online video underneath to see much more!
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon. You can discard these or preserve them for roasting.
- Following, increase very little coconut oil, brown sugar (or coconut sugar) and cinnamon to the flesh of the acorn squash and bake till tender.
- Although the acorn squash roasts to sweet perfection, you will cook dinner your quinoa and infuse it with a small thyme, turmeric and orange juice. Up coming, increase in cranberries and pecans then things it again into the squash and bake once more for a number of minutes. The awesome portion is that this could technically be produced ahead of time and then reheated. You can also look at out my tutorial on how to cook dinner quinoa listed here.
- To finish it off, you’ll make a goat cheese or feta crema and drizzle it all in excess of the prime of the roasted squash (now my favored dressing for everything). It is sweet, tangy and SO SO goooood.
I hope you’ll be joining me for a extremely #AKThanksgiving this yr. I’m so thankful for all of you who go to my web page and make my recipes, you are what make this position probable. So from the base of my coronary heart — thank you, thank you!
Extra healthful vegetarian recipes to check out:
A person Pot Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Butternut Squash Quinoa Patties with Cranberry Orange Sauce
Roasted Veggie, Chickpea & Pesto Quinoa Salad
Brown Butter Cranberry Pumpkin Cornbread Skillet
If you make this recipe, remember to amount it below and leave a remark. You can also snap a photo and tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram! xo.
Leave a Reply