The must have spiced holiday cocktail! With cranberries, apples, oranges, cinnamon and cloves! You can make this ahead of time!
I think I found my favorite holiday cocktail of 2017.
It’s the perfect spiced cocktail with fresh cranberries, apples, oranges, rosemary, cinnamon, star anise and whole cloves.
And you can make this ahead of time and let it chill right in the fridge. When ready to serve, pop open that bottle of wine and pour over ice.
If you want a non-alcoholic version, you can substitute a lemon-lime soda (such as 7-Up or Sprite) for the pinot grigio.
Don’t worry. I got you, guys.
Just because you can’t have wine doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in this festive cocktail for both kids and grown-ups!
- 3 cups cranberry apple juice cocktail, divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- ½ cup halved fresh cranberries
- 2 5-inch sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise pods
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 cups sliced small apples
- 1 750-mml bottle pinot grigio, chilled
- Combine 2 cups cranberry apple juice and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in oranges, cranberries, rosemary, cinnamon sticks, star anise and cloves. Let stand 30 minutes; remove and discard rosemary and cloves.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together orange mixture, apples and remaining 1 cup cranberry apple juice.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Serve over ice with pinot grigio.