No-fuss easy peasy carrots glazed with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. These carrots are sweet, savory, and simply amazing!
Butter. Brown sugar. Cinnamon. Orange zest. And the secret ingredient of all: molasses.
These four key ingredients come together for the most decadent side dish of all, except it’s one of the easiest dishes to whip up.
All you have to do is give these carrots a quick roast while you create that epic glaze so once the carrots come out of the oven, you can throw them right in, swimming in all that glory.
Best of all, these carrots have just enough sweetness to satisfy that sweet tooth.
You can even go the extra mile and fry the carrot tops in melted butter.
After all, you can never have too much butter during the holidays, right?
- 2 pounds carrots, halved lengthwise, tops reserved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Place carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just tender.*
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, orange zest, molasses, cinnamon and nutmeg, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly, about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until glazed and heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with reserved tops, if desired.
*Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the carrots.