Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Roasted Pumpkin & Honey
Today is the Past day of AK Pumpkin 7 days. Did you discover brand name new favourite pumpkin recipes? Do you pass up it previously like I do? The very good news is we’re likely out with a bang since this pumpkin recipe is the fantastic harmony of sweet and savory and tends to make the absolute ideal fall meal.
Hello, you stunning cilantro pesto pasta with roasted pumpkin and honey! Which is suitable, I took my famous cilantro pistachio pesto and extra a exceptional fall twist to convey you a vegetarian pasta dish which is equal parts fresh and cozy.
The pesto by itself has a increase of veggies from spinach and is produced with both pistachios and roasted pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas) since two is generally superior than a person. That honey roasted pumpkin has amazing flavor from warming spices and adds a pretty sweetness to just about every bite. But sufficient chatter, it’s time to get this gorgeous slide pasta dish on your dinner table. It can make the ideal main dish or aspect with your go-to proteins. Serve it up and delight in!
Totally free Pumpkin Recipe E-E book
Sign up underneath and get a No cost printable e-book with my best sweet and savory pumpkin recipes straight to your inbox!
Let’s communicate pesto
I at first designed a home made cilantro pistachio pesto when I was dreaming up a sauce for this pasta recipe. It was too excellent for words and I ended up tweaking it for more wonderful pasta dishes and even introducing it to this handmade hummus recipe!
Right now we’re adding a wonderful slide twist with some roasted pumpkin seeds (it is Pumpkin Week right after all!) and you’re likely to Like how the pesto flavors pair with the honey roasted pumpkin.
Elements in this cilantro pesto pasta with roasted pumpkin
Get ready for an absolute flavor explosion in this pumpkin pesto pasta recipe. It is a little sweet with a kick of heat and warming spices that will have you likely again for seconds. Plus, it is totally vegetarian and dairy totally free, and it’s super effortless to keep gluten cost-free! Here’s what you will have to have to make it:
- Pumpkin: you’ll need to have about 3-4 cups of cubed pumpkin for roasting, so be sure to test out our very simple tutorial for how to cube a person here!
- Honey: we’re roasting the pumpkin with a very little honey for superb natural sweetness. I also adore to garnish the pasta dish with a very little much more honey to pull all of the flavors together. YUM.
- Spices: you are going to want chili powder, garlic powder, a minimal cayenne pepper and some salt and pepper to roast the pumpkin as perfectly. Don’t forget about to garnish the full dish with crimson chili flakes! It adds the great touch of heat paired with sweet honey.
- For the pesto: this outstanding cilantro pesto has fresh new cilantro and spinach (hi there, improve of veggies), roasted pistachios, roasted pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas), garlic, a small olive oil, clean lime juice, drinking water to thin and a great deal of salt and pepper.
- Pasta: I adore applying cavatappi pasta in this recipe but feel cost-free to use any noodle you’d like, which include gluten free pasta!
- To garnish: as I mentioned you are going to want to major the dish with a very little excess honey and purple chili flakes, additionally far more roasted pepitas and freshly ground salt and pepper.
Personalize your pumpkin pesto pasta
If you want to use up other elements in your fridge or pantry here’s what I can endorse:
- Pick the nuts & seeds: truly feel no cost to use all pistachios or all pepitas in the pesto by itself. Using pepitas will retain the recipe nut absolutely free.
- Swap the pumpkin: come to feel no cost to use cubed butternut squash or sweet potato if that’s what you have on hand. Examine out our uncomplicated tutorial for peeling & cubing a butternut squash listed here!
- Cheese it up: I’m all about introducing a delightful cheesy ingredient. Test 1/4 cup of goat cheese for tang or freshly grated parmesan for a savory, salty taste.
- Incorporate a boost of veggies: sense absolutely free to mix in extra spinach, kale, or even peas for another enhance of veggies.
Looking for a protein raise?
Look no additional! This cilantro pesto pasta would be tasty with:
How to make this fantastic cilantro pesto pasta
- Prep your pumpkin. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then dice your pumpkin employing this approach and toss the cubes with olive oil, honey and these cozy spices. At the time the cubes are coated, roast them up!
- Make the pesto. Though the pumpkin is roasting, insert all of the cilantro pesto elements to a food stuff processor and procedure till easy.
- Cook the pasta. You can also cook your fav pasta while the pumpkin is roasting. Drain it and increase it to a significant bowl.
- Assemble & devour. Stir the pesto into the bowl of noodles, then include in the roasted pumpkin cubes. Drizzle with honey and garnish with much more roasted pepitas and red chili flakes. Really don’t overlook to style and increase salt and pepper as vital, then devour! Come to feel no cost to serve as a major dish or a side.
Recommendations for storing & reheating
Keep any leftover pumpkin pesto pasta in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3-5 times. To reheat basically do so in a microwave risk-free dish with a splash of h2o. You can also reheat on the stovetop with a splash of h2o.
Much more pumpkin recipes you are going to adore
Get all of our delightful pumpkin recipes listed here!
I hope you enjoy this cilantro pesto pasta with roasted pumpkin & honey! If you make it be confident to go away a remark and a rating so I know how you favored it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Leave a Reply