Cilantro Chicken Meatballs in Mango Coconut Sauce
I’m bringing again a a single pan meal anyone is absolutely obsessed with. It’s seasonal, perfect for summer months, and PACKED WITH Flavor.
I’d like you to fulfill my cilantro hen meatballs simmered in a easy, sweet mango coconut sauce. I’m in adore and you will be far too.
This recipe all started out when I was digging all over in my weblog archives searching at some of my most well-known dinner recipes. Most of them took place to be a single pan meals: Mama’s Puerto Rican rooster and rice, Thai yellow curry chicken and rice and of system my tandoori rooster and rice.
Clearly I’m a one pan food lover and so are YOU!
Ingredients in these cilantro chicken meatballs
These nutritious cilantro chicken meatballs are packed with SO significantly flavor, herbs and spices that it’s certain to be your new favored recipe. Here’s what you are going to want to make them:
- For the meatballs: you’ll want lean ground chicken (or turkey), an egg, panko breadcrumbs, cilantro, purple onion, jalapeno, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and cayenne.
- For the mango coconut sauce: this creamy sauce is manufactured with a can of gentle coconut milk, diced mango and a pair tablespoons of gluten free soy sauce.
- Combine-ins: simmer the meatballs up with pink bell pepper and peas for a enhance of veggies.
- To garnish: I appreciate topping my plate with chopped honey roasted peanuts, environmentally friendly onion, new cilantro and some very hot sauce.
Easy ingredient swaps
Personalize your cilatnro hen meatballs with any of our suggested ingredient swaps:
- Use hen or turkey. Whether you use floor rooster or ground turkey I advocate using no leaner than 93% so that the meatballs aren’t much too dry.
- Make them gluten free. Only use gluten no cost breadcrumbs or 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour to help bind them collectively.
- Use frozen mango. Just be sure to thaw it first just before incorporating it to the recipe.
- Choose your veggies. Truly feel no cost to use any veggies you have on hand! I think this recipe would be scrumptious with broccoli, edamame, snap peas or even spinach.
How to cook meatballs in sauce
We just can’t deny the actual star of this recipe: SWEET MANGO COCONUT SAUCE. Immediately after I noticed a juicy, ripe mango on my counter, I realized what was about to go down: a sweet and savory mango coconut sauce for the meatballs to simmer in. Here’s how to cook dinner these cilantro chicken meatballs in the sauce:
- Brown your meatballs. Start out by browning the meatballs in a pan with oil. No require to prepare dinner them all the way by.
- Insert the sauce. You are going to then incorporate the mango coconut sauce on top and protect the pan with a lid.
- Simmer & serve. And lastly, you’ll simmer the meatballs for about 20 minutes in the sauce, increase your veggies and simmer for a handful of minutes additional. That’s it!
Make the meatballs ahead of time
These flavorful cilantro hen meatballs can very easily be prepped ahead of time!
- Combine and sort the meatballs as directed in the recipe.
- Spot them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and then tightly deal with the meatballs with plastic wrap.
- Put the meatballs in the fridge until finally you are prepared to prepare dinner them. You can prep these meatballs up to a single, or even two times forward of time.
- As soon as ready to prepare dinner, merely comply with the recipe as created.
Our most loved methods to serve these cilantro hen meatballs
While the meatballs & veggies are mouth watering on their own, they’re even a lot more amazing with a grain or noodle to soak up that delectable sauce. Here’s what we suggest:
Two amazing ways to freeze meatballs
- Prepare dinner first, then freeze: only spot your meatballs and mango coconut sauce in a freezer-safe and sound, airtight container or bag and freeze it all for up to 3 months. When you are completely ready to get pleasure from, let your container of meatballs + sauce thaw in the fridge for a couple hours or right away, and then empty the contents into a pan on the stovetop. Warmth them in your pan until they are awesome and heat, and then serve!
- Freeze prior to cooking: you can also freeze these meatballs before cooking them! Form your meatballs as instructed, position them on a baking sheet, and set them in the freezer for 1-2 hours. This is named a flash freeze. Then, transfer your frozen meatballs to an airtight, freezer-welcoming bag or container and place in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw them, simply place them in the refrigerator for a couple of several hours or overnight and then cook them in the mango coconut sauce as directed in the recipe.
A lot more healthy just one pan meals to check out
Get all of our mouth watering one pan meals right here!
If you make these cilantro chicken meatballs, be sure to go away a remark beneath and amount the recipe beneath! You can also snap and image and article it on Instagram using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison of SRCooking | Pictures by: Try to eat Adore Eats
Leave a Reply