This chunky monkey banana baked oatmeal is seriously the most effective way to wake up in the morning. It is easy to make, packed with full grains, nutritious fats & protein to keep you contented, and it very considerably tastes like your fav banana bread.
Sidney & Viggo liked just about every past chunk (even with no chocolate chips) of this so it’s excellent for kiddos, much too! Prep this pan of breakfast goodness for the week (it is freezer-helpful) and increase the chocolate chips for superior evaluate. Love!
What is baked oatmeal?
Instead of cooking oats in very hot water or milk like common oatmeal, we’re adding a couple of specific ingredients and baking it ideal in the oven. The result is like a delightful blend of tender oatmeal and banana bread – a sweet, nonetheless healthy, healthier breakfast oatmeal you are going to love.
Baked oatmeal is ideal for food prep you can make it ahead of time and area it in the fridge for consuming all through the 7 days, or freeze it for later!
Ingredients you’ll need to have for banana baked oatmeal
This straightforward banana bread baked oatmeal recipe takes advantage of basic components with delectable mix-ins you are going to appreciate. Here’s what you need to make it:
- Bananas: you will have to have 3 ripe bananas (with loads of brown spots!) to in a natural way sweeten the baked oatmeal and give it the proper texture.
- Eggs: this recipe phone calls for two eggs to help the baked oatmeal bake up properly. I assume flax eggs could get the job done perfectly, but I haven’t experimented with it. Allow me know you do!
- Sweetener: together with the bananas you are going to just want a few tablespoons of pure maple syrup.
- Baking essentials: you are going to also need vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
- Rolled oats: the base of this banana baked oatmeal is designed with rolled oats. Sense free of charge to use common, old fashioned rolled oats or gluten free oats.
- Blend-ins: the delectable, “chunky monkey” flavor comes from unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. Sense cost-free to use dairy no cost chocolate chips!
Optional recipe swaps
- For the maple syrup: you could also use a few tablespoons of honey, coconut sugar, or brown sugar.
- For the walnuts: feel cost-free to use pecans or omit the nuts if you’d like.
- For the chocolate chips: you can also depart out the chocolate chips or swap for blueberries or raspberries!
Can I use steel cut oats or swift oats?
I would not recommend employing metal cut oats or brief oats in this banana baked oatmeal recipe as the texture will be a lot distinct than with standard, rolled oats.
Can I make this banana baked oatmeal vegan?
You can attempt working with a flax egg or two in this recipe, but be sure to know I have not examined it so I simply cannot be sure, while I believe it could operate well!
How to make banana baked oatmeal
- Prep your pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×9 inch pan with oil or cooking spray to reduce sticking.
- Combine your damp elements. Incorporate all of the wet elements to a bowl and whisk them right until they are perfectly blended. Make confident to mash your bananas 1st although!
- Insert the dry. Add all of the dry ingredients to the damp substances and mix well.
- Blend-ins. Fold in the shredded coconut, walnuts & chocolate chips.
- Bake it! Pour the banana baked oatmeal mixture into your pan and bake it until the edges are a little golden brown.
- Prime it. Increase added banana slices, chopped walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup! Sometimes I love to provide it with a very little heat or cold coconut or almond milk.
Ways to provide baked oatmeal
One particular of the terrific items about baked oatmeal is that it’s delicious served many distinct ways:
- Serve it heat with maple syrup drizzled on best.
- Incorporate a dollop of almond or peanut butter for added taste (and a improve of protein!)
- Appreciate warm and pour some milk appropriate about the top rated just like cereal. The milk will become like chocolate milk thanks to the chocolate chips!
Storing & reheating strategies
- In the fridge: be confident the banana baked oatmeal has entirely cooled, and then cover your 9×9 inch pan with tinfoil before transferring it to the fridge. It will remain great lined in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, and you can reheat particular person slices in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. You can also store individual slices in airtight containers for fast, on-the-go breakfasts.
- In the freezer: when the baked oatmeal has absolutely cooled, reduce it into 6 squares and wrap every square in plastic wrap and tinfoil. When you are ready to take in it, location the unwrapped frozen square of baked oatmeal on a microwave safe dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. If you’d like to freeze the total banana baked oatmeal for later, only reheat it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F although it’s included with tinfoil.
Far more oatmeal recipes to try out
Get all of my oatmeal recipes listed here!
I hope you like this banana baked oatmeal recipe! If you make it, be absolutely sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you preferred it. Enjoy, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This article was at first released on December 8th, 2020, and republished on December 14th, 2022.