Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
So, what is a casserole anyway?
It is basically just a bunch of things thrown into a dish to get all the flavor and sauces baked at at the time, not only for simplicity, but also to make the food items 100x more mouth watering. Just belief me when I convey to you these issues.
Casseroles are not just any old thang to throw all around even though. They can seriously be everything you want them to be as long as you know how to set it collectively correctly: Hispanic, Italian, Greek, Thai, American. It is all about the elements you use and the flavors you place alongside one another. You can incorporate rice, noodles, tortilla, bread. You can also make them for breakfast (think french toast casserole). Incredible.
Vegetarian enchilada casserole components
I opted to make this healthful enchilada casserole vegetarian for the reason that I had recently been to a Mexican restaurant that served mushroom and cheese enchiladas and they had been SO ridiculously fantastic. In any case, roasted veggies = the greatest thing ever, especially in enchiladas. Here’s everything you need to have:
- For the veggies: red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, pink onion, newborn bella mushrooms, zucchini, olive or avocado oil, garlic, salt & pepper.
- For the chipotle enchilada sauce: tomato sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (from the can), milk of any preference (I like using almond or cashew milk).
- For the levels: black beans, shredded monterey jack cheese (or mexican blend), corn tortillas.
- For topping: diced avocado, jalapenos and cilantro.
How to make do-it-yourself chipotle enchilada sauce
This wholesome enchilada casserole is created with a everyday living transforming selfmade creamy enchilada chipotle sauce. It’s seriously scrumptious and excellent for slathering on scrambled eggs, throwing in burritos, sluggish cooking chicken in OR drizzling all in excess of your enchiladas. To make it:
- Merely increase the sauce ingredients to the bowl of a food items processor
- Course of action for 30 seconds or right up until clean
SO effortless and so delectable!
Personalize this vegetarian enchilada casserole
- To retain it dairy totally free: only use a dairy totally free cheese, my cashew cheese sauce or you can leave out the cheese wholly.
- Change up your tortillas: I use corn tortillas simply because it’s my choice flavor-intelligent and keeps the enchilada casserole gluten absolutely free, but really feel cost-free to use any tortillas you’d like.
- Experience no cost to mix it up with any veggies you have on hand! I believe sweet potato or butternut squash would be delectable in here.
- Combine up the enchilada sauce: If you are not a lover of chipotle, feel free of charge to use this basic enchilada sauce recipe in its place.
- Insert added protein: If you are not vegetarian, feel totally free to toss in some cooked, shredded chicken for an more improve of protein.
How to retailer, freeze & reheat this enchilada casserole
- To store: enable the enchilada casserole interesting entirely and then both deal with the entire pan and area it in the fridge or place specific slices into airtight container and put them in the fridge. This casserole will keep great for up to 3-4 days in the fridge. To reheat, simply just include a slice to a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute or right until heated through.
- To freeze: you can both bake the casserole initial, neat it to area temperature, slice into servings, put in freezer harmless containers and then freeze. Or, to freeze the total pan, you can bake it, convey it to home temp, and then freeze the complete pan. After all set to reheat, thaw it out in the fridge, then bake it, lined at 350 levels F for 30-45 minutes or until heated via.
Extra wholesome meal recipes to attempt
I hope you guys adore this easy, healthy vegetarian enchilada casserole and get a prospect to make it quickly! Please go away a comment beneath if you make it and/or add a picture and tag #ambitiouskitchen.
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Eat Adore Eats