Chickpea Flour Banana Bread (gluten free!)
It often feels excellent to wake up and see banana bread sitting on the counter waiting to be devoured. You know it’s heading to be even greater than it was the very first day, if that’s even achievable. But you notify yourself you are going to have it later, most likely for an afternoon deal with.
Soon just after you open up the pantry and peer into the fridge, you recognize you are certainly owning that banana bread for breakfast. There is no stopping you. You are craving it NOW.
That was my situation previous week and it ended with me experiencing two thick slices with peanut butter on best. In addition a handful of clean strawberries, chia seeds and enormous chunks of dim chocolate. For the reason that antioxidants, proper?
What is chickpea flour?
Today’s banana bread comes to you with a wonderful flour I learned a number of decades back: chickpea flour! It’s also recognized as garbanzo bean flour, gram flour and besan, and it is applied in a whole lot of Middle Japanese & Indian cooking and baking. Rely on me when I say this flour is amazing!
- It is affordable. In comparison to a flour like almond flour, you conserve some dollars.
- It’s wholesome. This protein goddess is packed with 6g of protein and 5g fiber per serving. SAY WHAT?
- It’s gluten no cost & nut free. The best choice if you are seeking for a baked good that’s the two!
- It is marginally sweet. The flour alone is the natural way a bit sweet (like almond & coconut flour) which means that it was simple to slice back on the sweeteners in the recipe.
Exactly where can you purchase chickpea flour?
You can usually obtain chickpea flour at Whole Foods or even on the web.
The very good information is that chickpea flour is not challenging to make your self, it is just ground up dried chickpeas that are pulsed into a fine powder with the difficult parts sifted out. I’ve have not tried the Do it yourself variation still, but want to. Essentially you are going to just want to make confident you can get it into a wonderful plenty of flour with your blender.
Every little thing you are going to need to have to make chickpea flour banana bread
This delicious & simple chickpea flour banana bread makes use of plenty of pantry staples to make baking a breeze. Additionally the components give the bread a wonderful total of protein and fiber! Here’s what you are going to will need:
- Bananas: be absolutely sure to use tremendous ripe bananas to give the bread a organic sweetness.
- Sweetener: you’ll also increase in a contact of honey or pure maple syrup.
- Eggs: you’ll need to have two eggs in this banana bread recipe. I have not tested it with flax eggs but enable me know if you do!
- Oil: truly feel cost-free to use olive oil, coconut oil, butter or vegan butter to give the banana bread dampness. We appreciate the olive oil variation!
- Chickpea flour: the star of the clearly show! The bread will bake up wonderfully many thanks to chickpea flour.
- Baking staples: you’ll also need to have vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and a splash of apple cider vinegar.
- Optional combine-ins: come to feel totally free to add chocolate chips, blueberries, chopped walnuts or pecans, or some shredded coconut to give the bread additional goodness.
Can I use standard flour?
You likely could, but that’s not definitely the issue of this banana bread, now is it? If you are on the lookout for an alternative flour to use, try out a person of these recipes:
How to make banana bread with chickpea flour
- Prep your pan. Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Whisk the dry. Combine jointly the chickpea flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt in a bowl.
- Combine the damp. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, honey, vanilla, eggs, oil and apple cider vinegar until finally sleek.
- Make your batter & bake! Include the dry elements to the moist substances and combine until eventually just put together. Stir in any mix-ins you’d like, bake & get pleasure from!
Make it into muffins
Sure, you can make this simple chickpea flour banana bread into muffins! Follow the recipe directions and divide the batter evenly in your muffin tray. Then basically bake them for 18-23 minutes or right up until a tester arrives out cleanse.
What does chickpea flour banana bread taste like?
It tastes just like…banana bread! Decades back when I first make this bread I brought it to a single of my most loved personalized trainers but did not explain to him it was designed with chickpea flour. He mentioned the bread was incredible. Tony also ate a number of slices with peanut butter on best for dessert. He Cherished it and confirmed that it tasted precisely like normal banana bread. Having a pal, partner or family member who will try out anything at all you make is significantly a blessing.
The best banana bread for children
This chickpea flour banana bread is kid-authorized! My 1-yr outdated gobbled it down and it’s these types of a fantastic snack to preserve on hand mainly because it freezes properly. We make it with more ripe bananas (they really should be largely brown in coloration), use a dairy free of charge milk as a substitute of maple syrup and skip the chocolate chips for him.
Storing & freezing ideas
To shop: this gluten free of charge chickpea flour banana bread really should be saved nicely-covered in foil or plastic wrap at home temperature for up to 3 times, then I advise transferring to the fridge or freezer.
To freeze: this chickpea flour banana bread freezes perfectly! Merely wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and last but not least put in a reusable bag or freezer-pleasant bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at place temperature at the time you are prepared to eat. You can also feel no cost to freeze unique slices for a swift on the go address!
Much more gluten free baked goods to check out
Balanced Peanut Butter Banana Muffins (dairy cost-free + gluten absolutely free)
Fluffy Flourless Peanut Butter Chickpea Muffins
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quinoa Banana Bread
Balanced Birthday Cake Bread
The Most effective Balanced Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hope you adore this chickpea flour banana bread! If you make it be sure to go away a comment and a score so I know how you liked it. Appreciate, xo!
Put up originally released April 2016 republished January 24, 2021
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Try to eat Like Eats
Leave a Reply