Chai-Spiced Butternut Squash Smoothie
OH Hello. It is been a though considering that I shared a new smoothie recipe with you so in this article I am with an definitely scrumptious, creamy, nutritious smoothie that you will appear back to time and time once more.
This chai-spiced butternut squash smoothie is really a great deal liquid gold. It has warming flavors from cozy chai spices, paired with creamy yogurt, nut butter, and normal sweetness from roasted butternut squash and banana. It reminds me of a smoothie variation of my chai ginger latte or 24k gold turmeric latte and has hints of pie taste to it.
This stunning smoothie packs 13g of protein and 8g of fiber, AKA it’s an astounding, filling breakfast to energize your day. Not to point out, submit-exercise routine perfection!
Get all of my guidelines and trips for customizing this butternut squash smoothie and earning it definitely scrumptious each time.
Be part of the AK Smoothie Sequence
When you signal up for our free Smoothie Collection above you will get:
- A Absolutely free smoothie e-reserve with 7 of my greatest smoothie recipes
- Tips & methods for earning delectable smoothies in your inbox every working day for 5 times
- A bonus, email-only smoothie recipe at the end of the 5 times of suggestions!
Find out additional about the Smoothie Sequence right here!
What does a butternut squash smoothie style like?
I know what you are imagining. This chick needs us to set squash in our smoothies?! Of course. The combo of roasted squash, ripe banana and warming chai spices very seriously will make this smoothie style like pie. The chai spices are refined, not overpowering, and you’ll slide in like with the flavor they give the smoothie.
Not only does the smoothie style unquestionably delicious, but it’s also packed with fiber, potassium, antioxidants, and nutritional vitamins A and C many thanks to the butternut squash. Oh, and can we chat about that golden coloration? Beautiful.
Every little thing you will will need to make this butternut squash smoothie
This amazing butternut squash smoothie is all about taste. Those chai spices are SO delicious! It is in a natural way sweetened, has an incredible boost of protein, fiber & healthful fat, and is the excellent breakfast! Here’s what you are going to need to have to make it:
- Fruits & veggies: you are going to will need a frozen, ripe banana to normally sweeten the smoothie, and then, of program, frozen butternut squash! See down below for the greatest way to prep your squash for this smoothie.
- Yogurt: I love the nutritious enhance of protein that greek yogurt adds to the smoothie. Feel cost-free to use dairy free of charge yogurt (like coconut yogurt) as nicely.
- Milk: you can use any milk you’d like (dairy no cost or non) to skinny the smoothie and support it mix up nicely.
- Nut butter: a small almond, cashew or pecan butter provides balanced fat and added creaminess. Use the code ‘Formidable15‘ to get 15% off of my fav nut butter manufacturer, Wild Pals! I would not propose working with peanut butter for the reason that the flavor will overpower all of the rest of the ingredients.
- Flavor: you are going to get that awesome chai flavor from cinnamon, cardamom, floor ginger, allspice, and a tiny vanilla extract! Find out how to make your very own vanilla extract from scratch with this tutorial.
How to prep your butternut squash
Prior to you dive into this smoothie recipe, you will want to peel, reduce, cook dinner and freeze your butternut squash:
- First, get all of our suggestions & tips for peeling and slicing your butternut squash here.
- Next, you’ll want to roast the cubes at 350 degrees F in just a little bit of neutral oil. Roast for 15 minutes, flip the cubes, then roast yet again for 15 far more minutes until fork tender. Get our ideas for roasting butternut squash listed here! Be sure to omit the spices for this smoothie recipe.
- And finally, include your cubed butternut squash to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pop it in the freezer. After the cubes are frozen, add them to a freezer-risk-free bag or container and freeze. You are going to use these cubes for the smoothie and can use any extras for soups, stews and a lot more.
These techniques can conveniently be done in advance of time, but if you’re in a pinch, you can also buy pre-packaged frozen butternut squash cubes.
Effortless ways to personalize this butternut squash smoothie
Since there are a great deal of straightforward ingredients in this butternut squash protein smoothie recipe, it is easy to customize with your fav include-ins or swaps! Here’s what I can suggest:
- Swap your make. If you do not have any butternut squash, you could use cubed, roasted pumpkin or sweet potato rather!
- Insert a enhance of nutrients. Truly feel free of charge to insert a tablespoon of flaxseed meal, chia seeds or hemp seeds for an added boost of healthful fat and fiber.
- Preserve it dairy totally free. Bear in mind that you can use your favored dairy no cost yogurt and dairy free of charge milk!
- Make it heartier. You could also increase 1/3 cup of rolled oats or even 1/4 or 1/2 of an avocado to thicken the smoothie and make it heartier. You are going to probably have to have to include some more milk as very well for blending.
Suggestions for making the greatest smoothies
Use these strategies & tips for making the ideal butternut squash smoothie, and pretty considerably any other smoothie!
- Use frozen generate. Utilizing frozen fruits & veggies is most effective as it assists maintain the smoothie cold and thick. Occasionally ice does not mix as very well, so it’s finest to skip unless definitely vital. In this recipe, make confident your banana and squash cubes are frozen!
- Regulate the liquid. Never be scared to add more liquid if your smoothie is far too thick or will not entirely mix. Large-run blenders are likely to mix frozen fruit significantly improved, so if you have a normal or own-dimension blender, you may well want to insert much more milk.
- Start out sluggish. Start the blender on very low velocity, then steadily increase to substantial to assist blend all substances. At last, conclusion with the blender on small pace.
- Decide on your sweetness level. If a smoothie does not flavor sweet ample for your liking, you can increase a 1/2 tablespoon of honey, pure maple syrup or 1 pitted Medjool day.
Make it ahead of time
Be guaranteed to check out out our three distinctive ways to prep and shop smoothies in your freezer so that you can make this healthy butternut squash banana smoothie forward of time! Feel cost-free to double or triple it and love it all 7 days very long.
Examine out additional of our favored go-to kitchen necessities listed here.
Additional smoothie recipes you will enjoy
Get all of our delectable smoothie recipes right here!
If you make this chai-spiced butternut squash smoothie be confident to depart a comment and a rating so I know how you favored it! Take pleasure in, xo.
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Eat Enjoy Eats
Leave a Reply