It’s an additional #MeatlessMonday below at AK and I’ve obtained a attractive rainbow salad for you to make this 7 days.
Allow me reintroduce you to this crunchy, dazzling, fresh new shredded brussels sprouts salad.
I very first made this salad a pair of yrs back on a whim when I was completely craving a significant eco-friendly salad, or just about something packed with veggies. This shredded brussels sprouts salad was my remedy to cleansing out the fridge as I was in a position to use just about every single remaining veggie that experienced been lurking in there. It is crunchy, filling, flavorful and ideal for topping fish tacos, burgers, or even using it as a slaw.
F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! (Imagine singing it Fergie design and style although.)
Want to consume much more plants?
April is formally Earth Thirty day period and I’ve received you included with my model new, Absolutely free e-mail collection: 5 Days of Plant-Primarily based Having! In this series I share my best plant-primarily based, vegan recipes with you to enjoy for each and every meal of the day — treats & desserts bundled!
Get all of the deets & sign up here to enjoy colourful, veggie-packed foods all year prolonged.
Ingredients in this shredded brussels sprouts salad
This shredded brussels sprouts salad is the finest way to cleanse out your fridge because it features tons of veggies and a savory sesame ginger dressing that you are going to want to make once more and once again. It’s vegan, gluten free of charge and super quick to personalize to your flavor preference. Here’s every thing you are going to want to make it:
- For the veggies: we’re working with fresh brussels sprouts, purple cabbage, carrots, pink bell pepper, green onion & cilantro. Talk about a rainbow in a bowl!
- For added crunch: I appreciate adding roasted salted cashews and toasted almonds to this salad for small savory bites.
- For the dressing: the sesame ginger dressing is out-of-this-world tasty. It is made with toasted sesame oil, olive oil, small sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, a very little maple syrup, garlic & freshly minced ginger.
Seeking for an extra raise of protein?
This shredded brussels sprouts salad is the perfect foundation for introducing your beloved proteins — plant-centered or not! Here’s what I suggest:
Amount up your dressing
The sesame ginger dressing provides a fantastic umami flavor to all of the fresh veggies, but you can also kick it up a notch by adding a tablespoon of tahini or cashew butter for creaminess! SO Fantastic.
How to shred brussels sprouts
To make this salad you are going to will need to shred your brussels sprouts. It might audio challenging, but it is actually super straightforward and there are a couple good methods to do it:
- Use a foodstuff processor: trim the compact stem off of the brussels sprouts and add them to your food items processor about a handful or so at a time. Use the slicing attachment on your foods processor and pulse right until they’re pleasant and shredded.
- Use a box grater: you can shred your brussels sprouts versus a box grater on the side with the major holes. I’d propose spraying the grater with a little bit of cooking spray so that the sprouts effortlessly glide against the grater.
- Shred them with a knife: this is the process I commonly use, and when you get the dangle of it it will go very speedily. Using a sharp knife slice the stem off of your brussels sprouts and then slice them in fifty percent lengthwise. Then, with every fifty percent laying flat facet down, chop your brussels sprouts into great shreds. No need for them to be excellent!
Do the brussels sprouts will need to be cooked?
Nope! You are going to use raw, shredded brussels sprouts in this recipe for the ideal total of crunch.
The ideal salad for meal prep
Definitely. Individually, I imagine the salad is greatest just after sitting for a several hrs in the dressing, but ultimately it’s the most delightful inside of a few times of building it. Just make sure you wait around to add the cashews and almonds right until you are ready to provide!
How to retailer this brussels sprouts salad
This crunchy shredded brussels sprouts salad will get even far better above the training course of a couple times as it marinates in the sesame ginger dressing. Shop it in an airtight container (or a number of meal prep containers like these) for up to 5 days, and see the ideas over for meal prepping it or generating it forward of time to serve more persons!
What to serve with this brussels sprouts salad
You can serve this salad as is or pair it with a protein of preference. Listed here are some ideas:
More salad recipes to try out
Get all of our delicious salad recipes right here, additionally more astounding recipes utilizing brussels sprouts!
I know you are likely to like this shredded brussels sprouts salad, remember to permit me know if you make it by leaving a remark and score the recipe down below. I’d adore to hear from you and it assists motivate other folks to make the recipe as well! xo.
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Try to eat Really like Eats
Leave a Reply