I really do not know about you but this whole quarantine issue has me ridiculously energized about breakfast just about every morning. I treat it as a small experience in which every single day I have to peek into my fridge or pantry and obtain anything new and remarkable to make. I signify, who does not appreciate mixing it up?!
These carrot cake pancakes have been a result of me obtaining carrots in my fridge and oats in the pantry — and admittedly influenced by my obsession with all matters carrot cake like: carrot cake smoothie, healthy carrot cake muffins, the greatest healthful carrot cake (it’s gluten cost-free), carrot cake oatmeal cups, carrot cake cookies and now, these ridiculously tasty balanced carrot cake pancakes!
Just get in touch with me the carrot cake queen plz.
Pancake batter built right in the blender
What I really like about these carrot cake pancakes is how easy they are to whip up. You just need to have a blender, a few pantry staples and a nonstick pan. Add all the ingredients minus the combine-ins to a blender and you’ve got your self an straightforward carrot cake pancake batter that’s made without having any flour — just oats! Yum.
Really feel no cost to test some of my other reader favourite blender pancake recipes that use minimum pantry staples:
Almost everything you want to make carrot cake pancakes
These healthy carrot cake pancakes are made with tremendous simple substances that keep them gluten free, dairy no cost and packed with the two fruits & veggies—making them perfect for kids! Right here are the elements you want:
- Unsweetened applesauce: applesauce keeps these pancakes tremendous moist and flavorful, and adds a touch of normal sweetness from fruit.
- Eggs: these will support your carrot cake pancakes stay jointly properly. I haven’t examined with a flax egg but enable me know if you give it a check out!
- Unsweetened almond milk: for additional moisture. Remember to note that you can use any milk you want in this recipe!
- Maple syrup: to increase a normal sweetness. Come to feel no cost to use coconut sugar or honey as effectively.
- Rolled oats: aged fashioned rolled oats make the pancakes nice and hearty! Feel no cost to use gluten free of charge rolled oats, but do not use metal slash oats.
- Baking powder: to make the pancakes super fluffy.
- Spices: I utilized cinnamon & nutmeg in this recipe for a cozy carrot cake flavaaaa.
- Salt: just a pinch to provide the flavors jointly.
- Shredded carrots: for that remarkable carrot cake flavor plus a sneaky increase of veggies!
- Chopped walnuts: walnuts increase a tiny crunch in addition omega-3s in every single bite. Truly feel totally free to use pecans rather if you’d like.
- Raisins: adore a very good carrot cake with raisins. Absolutely optional, but they make these pancakes added delicious!
Basic ingredient swaps
I like that these carrot cake pancakes are packed with fridge and pantry staples, but if you are out of nearly anything here’s what I can suggest for swaps:
- Out of applesauce? Sense totally free to sub in a mashed ripe banana.
- Swap your sweetener. Rather of maple syrup, you can also use coconut sugar or honey.
- Decide on your milk. I like to keep these pancakes dairy no cost by working with unsweetened almond milk, but come to feel free of charge to use any milk you’d like.
- Go nut cost-free. The walnuts and/or pecans insert a scrumptious crunch, but you can very easily omit them!
Can I make them vegan?
I have not tested these carrot cake pancakes with flax eggs, but let me know in the reviews if you do!
How to make carrot cake pancakes in the blender
The greatest portion about this carrot cake pancakes is how quick they are to make proper in your blender! Be absolutely sure to look at out my greatest ideas & methods for making pancakes, way too.
- Mix the foundation. Area all of your elements besides the mix-ins into a blender and mix till clean, about 1 minute.
- Add the mix-ins. Stir in your shredded carrots, walnuts and raisins.
- Cook dinner a single aspect. Add olive oil, coconut oil or vegan butter to a griddle or big nonstick pan and spot about medium warmth. Insert carrot cake pancake batter 1/3 cup at a time and use a spoon to distribute it out a little bit into circles. Cook for about 2-4 minutes or right up until golden brown and tiny bubbles look close to the edges.
- Flip those babies & repeat. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on underside. If you uncover that pancakes are browning much too speedily, then you require to decreased the warmth. I typically get started on medium heat, then decrease to medium reduced later on so that my pancakes never burn. If at any position your griddle begins smoking, it suggests your pan is far too very hot. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with far more oil and remaining batter.
- Serve & get pleasure from! Provide pancakes with almond butter, product cheese or yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup!
Make forward & maintain pancakes heat
You can also make these gluten free carrot cake pancakes forward of time and keep them heat in the oven. Merely area oven at 200 degrees F, then include pancakes to a baking sheet or oven-risk-free plate and put in the oven right up until ready to provide.
How to freeze pancakes
If you want to make your carrot cake pancakes ahead of time and serve them at a later date, you can put the pancakes on a baking sheet so they aren’t touching and area in the freezer for 30 minutes, then location them in freezer safe and sound containers and freeze for up to 3 months. As soon as ready to reheat, merely incorporate pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or until eventually heat.
Get all of our kitchen necessities listed here!
Far more carrot cake recipes to try out
On the lookout for more carrot cake recipes? Get all of ours listed here!
I know you’re going to really like these nutritious carrot cake pancakes! Make sure you allow me know if you make it by leaving a comment and score the recipe below. I’d like to listen to from you and it will help stimulate other individuals to make the recipe far too! Enjoy xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Eat Really like Eats
Recipe at first released March 30th, 2020, republished March 23rd, 2021, and republished once more April 9th, 2022.
Leave a Reply