Buffalo Tuna Stuffed Peppers (low carb!)
Keep in mind these epic spicy tuna melts I manufactured final calendar year? Idk about you, but I’m still dreaming about them. Spicy, tacky, uncomplicated to make — what’s not to enjoy?
I made the decision to choose that vintage sandwich, lighten it up and of class, increase a flavor kick. These tuna stuffed peppers are equally as tasty but with a reduced carb, gluten cost-free twist! When I to start with designed them they had been astounding, but then I additional some warm buffalo sauce and OMG they ended up perfection.
The sweetness of the slightly roasted bell pepper with the savory bites of tuna, cheese and buffalo sauce certainly tends to make an irresistible combo. Abra and I devoured these for lunch with a aspect of chips and realized we experienced to share them with you. Get these on your lunch or supper menu ASAP with a aspect of your fav chips.
What you will want to make buffalo tuna stuffed peppers
Not only are these lower carb tuna stuffed bell peppers uncomplicated to make but they’re also crammed with super uncomplicated elements you may well even have on hand. They’re the ideal thoroughly clean-out-the-fridge and pantry recipe! Here’s what you’ll have to have to make them:
- Bell pepper: I like utilizing purple bell pepper for the reason that it is the sweetest and pairs very well with the savory tuna, but any bell pepper will operate.
- Tuna: you will want one particular can of your most loved tuna. Be aware that tuna packed in olive oil tends to be additional flavorful and moist (yes, I reported it) than tuna packed in water.
- Veggies: we’re also mixing in some diced celery, shredded carrots and diced environmentally friendly onion for a minimal extra crunch.
- Greek yogurt: incorporating a minor yogurt allows give the tuna mixture added humidity and a different increase of protein.
- Top secret elements: what helps make these tuna stuffed peppers extra specific? A very little dijon mustard and very hot buffalo sauce!
- Salt & pepper: to deliver out all the flavors.
- Cheese: top rated these toddlers with shredded cheddar cheese and watch the magic occur.
Can I swap the tuna?
When these are tuna stuffed peppers, this recipe is also good with shredded or minced chicken! Check out out our most effective means to cook dinner hen listed here, and how to shred chicken right here.
Easy vegetarian alternative
Come to feel cost-free to also swap the can of tuna for a can of chickpeas to keep these stuffed peppers vegetarian! I suggest mashing the chickpeas slightly so that they mix effectively with the veggies and sauces.
Customize your tuna stuffed bell peppers
Out of a handful of components? Here are some great means to customise:
- Make it heartier. Come to feel absolutely free to use common bread in its place of peppers if you’d like!
- Swap the yogurt. The tuna mixture is also excellent with mayo, or you can use a mix of the two.
- Select your sauce. I like mixing in sizzling buffalo sauce, but you can also use a moderate buffalo sauce or skip it if you are not a enthusiast of the flavor.
- Select your fav cheese. Topping the peppers with blue cheese would be the best combo with the buffalo taste!
Minimal carb tuna stuffed peppers in 4 simple actions
Stuffed peppers might seem a small fancy but they could not be easier to make. Here’s how to make them:
- Prep your pan. Line a massive baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast the peppers. Commence by cooking the pepper halves in the oven with a little olive oil so they get a little fork tender.
- Make the tuna combination. Mix with each other your tuna, veggies, yogurt and sauces. Be certain to add salt and pepper to flavor!
- Things & bake. Divide the tuna mixture into each bell pepper 50 %, top rated with cheese and bake! Garnish with some cilantro and scallions (it’s possible additional buffalo sauce, way too) and delight in.
Mouth watering pairings to consider
Complete your lunch or meal by pairing these lower carb tuna stuffed peppers with just one of these sides!
Looking for much more? Get all of our delicious aspect dishes right here!
I recommend eating these tuna stuffed peppers the identical day you make them so that the textures and flavors are at peak deliciousness. If you have any leftovers, retail outlet them in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 2-3 times. Basically reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Much more balanced lunch concepts
Get all of our incredible lunch recipes below!
I hope you enjoy these enjoyable tuna stuffed bell peppers! If you make them be positive to go away a comment and a score so I know how you preferred them. Appreciate, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by Eat Like Eats
This article was originally printed on June 3rd, 2021, and republished on March 22nd, 2022.
Leave a Reply