Brown Butter Acorn Squash Pasta
December is right here and it is time for all of the cozy comfort and ease food items. Because we have tons of awesome cookie recipes coming your way soon (AK Cookie Week starts off on Monday, 12/6!) I understood I wanted to share a tremendous warming dinner to go with.
This brown butter acorn squash pasta is the best balance of sweet and savory with a creamy acorn squash sauce, crunchy toasted hazelnuts, and a sprinkle of parmesan and sage.
If you’ve been searching for some mouth watering convenience food stuff that just so happens to be vegetarian, this is your recipe! Meatless Monday’s designed totally astounding. Verify out the whole put up for quick means to customize with your fav proteins, extra veggies, and much more.
Totally free Top Thanksgiving Guidebook (+ printable checklist!)
Irrespective of whether you’re web hosting or just attending, this Supreme Thanksgiving Guideline email collection is for absolutely everyone. Enter your email below to get all of my finest recipes, ideas, and a Free of charge printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving requires.
Substances in this acorn squash pasta
This brown butter acorn squash pasta is easier to make than you feel and uses nourishing, scrumptious ingredients. Here’s what you will want to make it:
- For the sauce: you are going to mix up roasted acorn squash, milk of option, a little brown sugar or maple syrup, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. It will get wonderful and creamy!
- Hazelnuts: we’re also toasting some hazelnuts as a wonderful, nutty, crunchy garnish on the pasta.
- Butter: you know I had to increase a little brown butter to the pasta dish for more cozy flavor.
- Pasta: I applied spaghetti in this pasta dish but experience absolutely free to use any pasta form you’d like — even gluten free of charge pasta! I advise a twirling pasta like spaghetti or bucatini.
- Seasonings: you will also require garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Customise your acorn squash pasta
This vegetarian acorn squash pasta recipe is super easy to personalize with the components you have on hand. Heres’s what I can advise:
- Choose your pasta. As I outlined, a twirling pasta like spaghetti, bucatini, or linguini is best! But experience free of charge to use any pasta you have on hand (I also like fusilli). You can use gluten totally free pasta as nicely!
- Pick out your squash. Come to feel no cost to use honeynut or butternut squash, sweet potato or pumpkin alternatively of acorn squash. I do not advocate utilizing a canned squash or canned pumpkin for this recipe as the taste will not be as mouth watering.
- Make it richer. Searching for a little much more indulgence? Try applying large product as an alternative of milk.
- Incorporate a enhance of veggies. I assume some spinach, mushrooms or peas would be a delectable way to add some veggies to the pasta.
Can I make it vegan?
Guaranteed! Feel free to use your most loved dairy free of charge milk and a vegan butter. Please note that you can not brown vegan butter, you will just want to soften it in advance of introducing it to the dish.
Incorporate a boost of protein
On the lookout for a tasty improve of protein? Check out adding:
- A can of chickpeas to preserve the recipe vegetarian
- Properly crispy bacon cooked in the oven
- Grilled chicken or juicy baked chicken
- Floor pork or turkey sausage (sage sausage would be astounding!)
How to brown butter
The brown butter provides this kind of an incredible flavor to this acorn squash pasta and is much easier to make than you imagine! Get all of my strategies and tricks for browning butter in this post and get all set to incorporate it to literally every little thing.
The very best way to cut your acorn squash
The initial move in this pasta recipe is to lower & roast your acorn squash. If you have never cooked with acorn squash right before it can appear a very little scary, but it’s less complicated to prep than you feel!
- Use a sharp knife to slash off the stem conclusion of the acorn squash, you’ll slice about ¼-½ inch off the conclude.
- Position the acorn squash slice side down vertically on a wooden chopping board so that it is pretty secured to your counter. We never want the reducing board or squash to wobble as you reduce it.
- Future, use your knife to slice the acorn squash vertically down the middle. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard them. Then you are completely ready to roast!
How to make high-class acorn squash pasta
- Prep your squash. When you’ve cut your acorn squash you can area it on a prepared baking sheet and roast it for about an hour until finally it’s fork tender.
- Toast the hazelnuts. When the acorn squash is roasting you can toast your hazelnuts in a pan for 2-3 minutes till they are awesome and golden and toasty.
- Make the sauce. Scoop that acorn squash flesh into a superior powered blender with the milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brown the butter. Established your toasted hazelnuts apart and brown the butter in the very same pan. Remove it from the heat but retain the butter in the pan.
- Cook the pasta. Following, prepare dinner your pasta according to the way on the package deal. When it’s carried out you’ll want to toss it ideal into the pan with the brown butter and combine it up to coat it.
- Add sauce & garnishes. Ultimately, stir in the acorn squash sauce, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Garnish with the toasted hazelnuts, parmesan & sage leaves and serve!
Shop any leftover acorn squash in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 times. To reheat only do so in a microwave harmless dish with a splash of milk. You can also reheat it on the stovetop with a splash of water.
A lot more delicious ease and comfort food items
Get all of our wonderful ease and comfort food recipes right here!
I hope you love this brown butter acorn squash pasta! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Leave a Reply