Black truffle pasta imported from Italy is slathered in a creamy Meyer lemon sauce!
This month’s box included hand-picked products selected from around the world like Italy, New York and Georgia, leading me to the most adventurous culinary experience.
Now you could imagine that I devoured that bacon caramel popcorn in the blink of an eye, along with that cookie and blondie. And I’m totally saving that pancake mix for those busy weekday mornings when I need a complete breakfast before heading off to work.
Oh and that black truffle pasta from Italy? Yeah, I definitely enjoyed the crap out of that one, especially when I used it in a super easy Meyer lemon cream sauce mixed in with sautéed kale, crumbled Italian sausage and a cherry tomato medley. That’s my heaven right there. And that truffle aftertaste? Absolutely amazing. Plus, being able to make this in less than 20 minutes makes it absolute perfection!
And since we’re in day 3 of this week’s two year blogoversary giveaways, I have a 1-month subscription of Gourmet Spotting’s Tasting Box up for grabs so you could explore the culinary world in your very own kitchen! Just be sure to enter through the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
Giveaway ends on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
- 8 ounces black truffle strangozzi pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- 2 cups kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup mixed medley cherry tomatoes
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks. Add heavy cream, Meyer lemon zest and reserved pasta water; simmer until reduced by half, about 7 minutes. Add kale and toss until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pasta and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Gourmet Spotting. All opinions expressed are my own.