Banana Zucchini Baked Oatmeal with Brown Butter
It’s our second to final recipe in AK Zucchini Week and this one’s likely to adjust your mornings endlessly. Before we get to it, remember to get our Absolutely free printable Zucchini E-book listed here for even extra zucchini inspo!
Ok, back to this magical breakfast goodness. I know you fellas are baked oatmeal obsessed (who isn’t?!) so this amazing banana zucchini baked oatmeal recipe was really a no brainer. Photograph fluffy, completely moist banana bread satisfies your favored zucchini bread and ends up tasting just like a heat oatmeal cookie.
Here’s the kicker: this unbelievable banana zucchini baked oatmeal has prosperous, nutty brown butter baked right into it for a taste explosion you are heading to Adore. My adore for brown butter operates deep, so you know I had to spice this oatmeal bake up with some. Time to bake this newborn up, incorporate chocolate chips and walnuts if you’d like, and enjoy a great breakfast, brunch, snack or address! OH and it is both child and toddler helpful, which is a lifesaver for busy weekdays. Sidney is certainly in enjoy and I know you will be, far too.
Free Zucchini Recipe E-Reserve
Indication up below and get a Totally free downloadable, printable e-guide with my very best zucchini recipes (sweet and savory!)
Anything you’ll want to make this banana zucchini baked oatmeal
You significantly will not consider this zucchini banana baked oatmeal is sweetened JUST with ripe bananas. The flavors are so warming and delectable many thanks to browning butter (omg indeed). Here’s almost everything you will need to have to make it:
- Butter: I like applying salted butter for extra flavor, but unsalted will also do the job.
- Zucchini: the star of the exhibit through AK Zucchini 7 days, of system! Shredded zucchini adds all-natural dampness and you wont be capable to style it at all.
- Bananas: be sure to use super ripe bananas so that the baked oatmeal is properly sweet.
- Eggs: you are going to want 2 eggs in this recipe.
- Almond milk: for more moisture you’ll need to have some milk. Any milk will get the job done! I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Rolled oats: maintain this baked oatmeal gluten free by applying gluten absolutely free rolled oats.
- Spices: we’re also incorporating cinnamon and nutmeg for that cozy sense.
- Baking staples: really do not fail to remember the vanilla extract, baking powder (not soda!) and salt.
- Combine-ins & toppings: these are optional, but I like to insert chocolate chips and walnuts to the batter, and a sprinkle of sea salt to the major for the top indulgence. Sliced bananas are also tasty on best of the oatmeal!
The great baked oatmeal for kiddos
This banana zucchini oatmeal bake is these types of a terrific breakfast, snack or deal with for youngsters and toddlers! It is the natural way sweetened with just bananas, so I depart out the nuts, chocolate chips and sea salt topping if I’m offering it to Sidney for breakfast. If it is for a little dessert, I’ll hold the chocolate chips in for him! He Enjoys it and it’s a great way to get him to eat veggies, healthy fats and whole grains.
You can even make the baked oatmeal far more wholesome by working with a dairy cost-free fortified milk for children like Ripple Little ones.
Can I use metal slice or fast oats?
I would not endorse using steel slice oats in this recipe as the texture will be considerably diverse. Rolled oats hold the banana zucchini baked oatmeal gentle and fluffy, but I imagine brief oats would perform all right. You may possibly will need to use a bit a lot more if you are making an attempt this recipe with quick oats.
Easily make it dairy totally free or vegan
- To make dairy free: basically use melted and cooled vegan butter or coconut oil. Observe that these substitutes will not brown.
- To make vegan: use both of the solutions previously mentioned to make it dairy cost-free, then try subbing 2 flax eggs for the eggs, which is 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons of water. I haven’t examined it, but I consider it really should function great!
How to brown butter
The brown butter creates a warming, nutty taste in this baked oatmeal recipe that you’re heading to like.
- Warmth the butter. Add your butter to a big saucepan or skillet and location about medium warmth. The butter will get started to crackle, and then at some point foam. Make guaranteed you whisk constantly in the course of this approach.
- Whisk it nicely. After a pair of minutes, the butter will begin to brown and change a great golden amber shade on the base of the saucepan. Carry on to whisk and get rid of from warmth as before long as the butter commences to brown and give off a nutty aroma.
- Interesting it. Immediately take away from warmth and set apart.
Make transportable oatmeal cups
This zucchini banana baked oatmeal recipe can be manufactured into easy, on-the-go oatmeal cups! Here’s how to do it:
- Prep your pan. Add muffin liners to a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to stop sticking.
- Divide the batter. Divide the banana zucchini oatmeal bake batter into the muffin tin — you should get all over 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake & serve. Bake for 20-25 minutes until eventually the oatmeal cups are established and a little golden brown and appreciate!
How to retailer this banana zucchini baked oatmeal
- To shop: be sure the oatmeal bake has wholly cooled, and then address the pan with tinfoil right before transferring it to the refrigerator. It will continue to be good included in the refrigerator for 4-5 times. You can also shop personal slices in airtight containers for relieve.
- To reheat: you can reheat particular person slices in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Freezer pleasant baked oatmeal
- To freeze: as soon as the zucchini banana baked oatmeal has wholly cooled, slash it into 6 squares/slices and wrap every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You can also freeze the entire baked oatmeal for later on by wrapping it well and putting it in the freezer.
- To reheat: when you are completely ready to eat it, put the unwrapped frozen square of baked oatmeal on a microwave protected dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat the entire baked oatmeal, just reheat it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F while it’s lined with tinfoil.
Our go-to kitchen area resources
Check out out all of our favorite kitchen necessities right here.
Additional zucchini recipes you are going to love
Get all of our zucchini recipes here!
I hope you appreciate this quick brown butter banana zucchini baked oatmeal! If you make it be confident to depart a remark and a ranking so I know how you liked it. Delight in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Try to eat Enjoy Eats