Avocado Tomato Chickpea Pasta Salad
Today’s recipe is all about ZE PASTA. Really do not be fearful of the noodle persons — we’re way earlier these days. In simple fact, I’m beginning to think that pasta is earning a big comeback and I’m not mad about it. Tony’s almost certainly even additional excited mainly because he constantly suggests that I never make ample pasta.
But when I do ultimately whip up some noodles, I can notify you that I ain’t producing no essential rooster alfredo for supper. (Even although rooster alfredo is truly delectable.)
As a substitute I’m making pasta with allllllll the veggies, coronary heart-healthy avocado and of class, some jazzy lemon basil vinaigrette I dreamt up.
Ingredients in chickpea pasta salad
This mediterranean pasta salad is healthy, whole of plant centered protein (hello chickpeas) and one particular of my preferred recipes to provide to a celebration due to the fact it has SO a lot flavor. It is also an astounding way to gas up pre or article training and would make the best lunch mainly because the leftovers continue to keep effectively. So what’s in this magical, much less than 30 minute food?
- Your most loved pasta: I like making use of full wheat Orecchiette or bowtie, but come to feel free to use any variety. Gluten cost-free pasta is fantastic in here, also, and I love this chickpea pasta for additional protein.
- Chickpeas: for a enhance of plant-based protein in this wonderful pasta dish. Grilled chicken would be delicious as perfectly.
- Cherry tomatoes: I adore the minor bursts of juicy taste that cherry or grape tomatoes insert to just about every bite. Plus how sweet are they?!
- Feta crumbles: really feel free to use salty feta or a creamy goat cheese! You can also omit to continue to keep this pasta salad vegan & dairy free of charge.
- Avocado: creamy avocado is the ideal complement to the zesty dressing, feta and purple onion.
- Crimson onion: add a very little bite with thinly sliced pink onion.
- Kalamata olives: experience free to incorporate even additional mediterranean flavor with olives. Just make positive they’re pitted!
- Lemon basil vinaigrette: you’ll need to have fresh lemon juice, garlic, olive or avocado oil, clean basil leaves, dried oregano, salt & pepper.
How to make chickpea pasta salad
- To start with make the dressing by adding all substances to a blender. You can also whisk them jointly in a medium bowl, but you will have to have to make sure that the basil is finely diced. Established apart the dressing till pasta is completely ready.
- Next cook dinner the pasta according to the instructions on the offer. Al dente is very best in this article. As soon as pasta is carried out, rinse with awesome drinking water and drain, then increase to a substantial bowl.
- Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, feta, avocado, purple onion and optional olives.
- Fold in the lemon basil dressing and gently stir right until pasta is effectively mixed. Year with freshly floor black pepper and torn basil leaves.
Personalize this pasta salad
- Make it gluten free: only use a gluten absolutely free pasta of preference. It’s likely to be Superb in any case you do it up.
- Make it vegan: use almond milk feta or a handful of tablespoons of nutritional yeast as an alternative, or just omit the cheese.
- Add added protein: come to feel cost-free to include some cooked, diced hen breast. Consider out these hen marinades and throw some on the grill working with my experimented with & genuine methods!
- Swap up the veggies: I feel bell pepper and chopped cucumber would also be tasty in this recipe.
How to store this mediterranean pasta salad
Retailer any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. No have to have to reheat! Provide it cold and garnish it with some excess basil.
What to provide with this pasta salad
Greek Chicken Kabobs
Critically Fantastic Sweet Potato Cheddar BBQ Chicken Burgers
Spicy Maple Dijon Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Jalapeño Curry Turkey Burgers
Greatest Vegan Black Bean Burgers with Creamy Tahini Garlic Sauce
Everyone’s likely to be asking you for the recipe! Tony just questioned me for an additional serving so now you know it’s a winner.
If you make this recipe, be certain to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram or depart a comment & rating under permitting me know how you liked it. Love — xo!
If you like this recipe, you may also like
Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad
Anything Spring Inexperienced Salad with Basil Lemon Vinaigrette
New Mango Salsa Recipe
Road Corn Pasta Salad with Cilantro Pesto & Goat Cheese
Kale, Edamame & Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Leave a Reply