A turkey-bacon club sandwich amped up up with fresh avocado slices and a generous slathering of spicy chipotle pepper spread!
If you’ve been following Easy recipes for a while, I’m sure you’ve noticed that I love sandwiches, particularly sandwiches with avocado. So when Hidden Valley sent over their new sandwich spreads & dips, the chipotle spread immediately caught my eye and I just knew I had to make a sandwich with avocado.
So with much thought, I decided to make a club sandwich, amping it up with fresh avocado slices and a generous slathering of spicy chipotle pepper spread. The salty bacon paired wonderfully with the spiciness of the spread, and the veggie mix-ins balanced out all of that savory goodness. Plus, adding avocado to any sandwich is always highly recommended.
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 baguette, cut into 3-4 equal pieces, toasted, for serving
- 4 tablespoons Hidden Valley Spicy Chipotle Pepper Sandwich Spread & Dip, or more to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced honey roasted turkey
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon sandwich spread over 1 side of each bread slice. Top with arugula, tomatoes, avocado, turkey and bacon, and then top with another slice of bread, to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining slices of bread to make 4 sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Disclaimer: Thank you to Hidden Valley™ Sandwich Spreads & Dips for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.
And now for day 4 of this week’s two year blogoversary giveaways!
The kind folks over at Wüsthof are giving one lucky Easy recipes reader a Classic 3 1/2” Scalloped Paring Knife, ideal for slicing through small fruits and vegetables with a tough skin without crushing the soft interior. (I honestly use this knife for everything in the kitchen – from hulling strawberries to cutting sandwiches. It’s my most used kitchen tool!)
Just be sure to enter through the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
Giveaway ends on Wednesday, April 25, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Wüsthof. All opinions expressed are my own.