Almond Lemon Raspberry Cake
Hi there to all my lemon lovers! Ya woman is again with yet another EPIC cake recipe just in time for Valentine’s Day, because every single holiday justifies cake. Last year you all went insane for this incredible inside out chocolate protected strawberry cake, so I bought back again the stunning berry topic to share with you and your sweetie pies.
This beautiful lemon raspberry cake has fresh new raspberries, lemon juice and zest, as well as a contact of almond taste that can make it flavor like your favored nostalgic lemon poppy seed muffin. To make it additional unique and even additional gorgeous for any occasion, I additional a attractive lemon raspberry buttercream frosting.
I saved the cake gluten free of charge to share with all of your GF close friends and liked ones, and it’s simply built dairy cost-free as nicely. The cake levels are completely moist thanks to siggi’s yogurt and I Enjoy the further berry flavor that the raspberry plant-primarily based cup provides! Bake this splendor up, share with your really like and have a wonderful Valentine’s Working day.
Fall in Really like with this lemon raspberry cake
Apart from remaining the fantastic Valentine’s Working day dessert, there is even extra to really like about this properly moist, delectable lemon poppy seed cake. Its:
- Gluten free of charge: thanks to almond flour and oat flour (which you can make at house!)
- Obviously sweetened: with some honey.
- Deliciously moist: from baking siggi’s yogurt ideal within! Siggi’s yogurt also has more protein than sugar per cup so you can actually experience great about incorporating it into recipes (and having fun with it as-is). The cake will get its texture and fantastic body fat for the crumb thanks to almond flour and siggi’s – whoo hoo!
- Very easily dairy free of charge: by applying siggi’s plant-based mostly cups and your fav vegan buttery stick (in the frosting). I’m presently dairy free of charge although I’m breastfeeding Viggo, so I analyzed it this way and it was fabulous!
Ingredients in this gluten no cost lemon raspberry cake
As I outlined, this gorgeous raspberry lemon cake is not only gluten free of charge, but it’s also simply dairy free of charge, the natural way sweetened, and bursting with flavor. Here’s what you will want to make it:
- Eggs: you’ll require 4 eggs in this cake recipe to give it the right texture.
- Sweetener: we’re obviously sweetening this raspberry almond cake with honey.
- Yogurt: I completely appreciate baking with siggi’s yogurt due to the fact it is built with tremendous basic elements and provides the best quantity of humidity and flavor without the need of incorporating a ton of sugar. As I stated, I utilised the raspberry or mixed berry plant-based siggi’s yogurt due to the fact I’m at present dairy cost-free, but you can also use their regular raspberry or combined berry cups.
- Lemon: that wonderful lemon flavor will come from both refreshing lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Flour: we’re employing a mix of wonderful blanched almond flour and oat flour as the foundation of this recipe to retain it gluten free of charge. The almond flour adds a lovely almond taste to the cake together with an awesome texture!
- Baking staples: you are going to also need baking soda, salt, and almond extract to definitely provide out that almond flavor.
- For the lemon raspberry frosting: you’ll need to have butter (or a vegan buttery adhere like Miyokos), powdered sugar, a lot more lemon juice & zest, refreshing raspberries, and a tiny milk of preference.
- For the filling & garnish: really do not neglect new raspberries for involving the layers and on top of the cake!
A lot more raspberry selections
This raspberry lemon cake is seriously ideal as-is, but there are a pair of unique approaches you can use refreshing raspberries or raspberry jam that will still be delicious!
- Really feel absolutely free to bake new raspberries instantly into the cake levels. Merely toss 1 heaping cup of new raspberries in a tablespoon or two of oat flour ahead of including them to the batter so that the raspberry juice doesn’t unfold.
- Instead of using clean raspberries you can use ¼ cup raspberry jam involving just about every layer on top of the frosting (so ½ cup overall). Just don’t spread the prime of the cake with the jam!
Can I make it vegan?
I have not experimented with producing this healthful lemon poppy seed cake vegan, but if you want to test you can use 4 flax eggs (¼ cup flaxseed meal + ¾ cup water) and let it to sit for 10 minutes until finally a gel-like consistency kinds. Find out how to make a flax egg with this tutorial, and allow me know in the opinions how it will work out!
Come to feel free of charge to sub maple syrup for the honey in the cake to make it definitely vegan, far too!
A notice on flour substitutions
You should be aware that I can’t advocate a substitute for the almond or oat flour as the ratios are what give this cake the excellent texture. See beneath for how to make your own oat flour for simplicity!
Make your own oat flour at home
You can very easily make handmade oat flour to use in this lemon raspberry cake recipe. Test out my tutorial on how to make home made oat flour suitable at property. So straightforward!
Strategies for decorating this raspberry lemon cake
If you’ve hardly ever adorned a a few-layer cake just before, don’t be concerned! It is straightforward and will convert out fantastically with a several tips:
- For the levels: slash the raspberries in 50 % lengthwise to insert them in between the cake levels and cautiously smoosh them into the levels. This will make certain that there isn’t far too a great deal area between the levels.
- For the frosting: make sure you only frost your cake once the levels are fully cooled, in any other case the frosting will melt. Do a crumb coat initially by frosting the layers as you usually would and then coat the outside the house of the cake with a incredibly slender layer of frosting then position in the fridge for 10-15 minutes ahead of you end frosting. This is so that the crumbs adhere to this layer of frosting and not your key layer.
- For the prime: garnish the complete top of the cake with raspberries by positioning entire raspberries upside down on to the cake. See the photos for reference! I propose carrying out this just just before serving the cake so that the berries stay new and juicy!
How to make the lemon raspberry buttercream frosting
Not only is this effortless lemon raspberry buttercream frosting stunning, but it’s also SO scrumptious and bursting with flavor. Here’s how to make it:
- Blend the raspberries. You are going to want to start off by blending ½ cup of raspberries until eventually clean. Pour that mixture into a bowl by a sieve to pressure the seeds out, and use the back of a spoon to get all of the juice out.
- Whip the butter. Add softened butter (or vegan butter) to a bowl of an electric powered mixer and whip it on significant right until it’s light and fluffy.
- Mix the frosting. Increase powdered sugar, lemon juice & zest, and the raspberry puree to the electric powered mixer and conquer on higher once more for a couple far more minutes until finally very well blended. You may perhaps need to have to increase a tablespoon or so of milk to slender the frosting and make it creamier, but this just depends on how you like it.
P.S. you can make the frosting up to a week forward of time! Simply just keep it in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re completely ready to use it. Allow the frosting arrive to area temp prior to spreading it on your cake.
If you want to make a frequent lemon buttercream: basically depart out the raspberry puree, increase an excess tablespoon of lemon juice (so 2 tablespoons whole) and 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
How to retail outlet & freeze this lemon poppy seed cake
To save time you can totally make this lemon raspberry cake 1-2 days ahead of time! Sense absolutely free to make the cake levels in advance and retail store them in the fridge, or make the total frosted cake and retail store it.
- To retail outlet: I advocate storing the cake properly covered in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 times.
- To freeze: come to feel free of charge to freeze this lemon raspberry cake both frosted or unfrosted for up to 2 months. I advocate freezing it unfrosted in particular person layers for the greatest outcomes. First, wrap each individual individual layer in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and then place the cakes in a zip-best freezer bag. When you are completely ready to provide it, just thaw it in the refrigerator right away and then enable the cake occur to home temperature just before frosting and serving.
Our fav cake baking tools
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials right here!
Additional wonderful cake recipes
Get all of my cake recipes listed here!
I hope you appreciate this fantastic lemon raspberry cake recipe! If you make it be confident to leave a remark and a ranking so I know how you favored it. Delight in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by The Aware Hapa
This write-up is sponsored by siggi’s. All textual content and views are my individual. Thank you for supporting the models that make AK feasible!
Leave a Reply