Almond Flour Strawberry Shortcake Cake (gluten free)
My Godparents have a great purple quaint tiny cabin overlooking a massive lake in northern Minnesota. There’s a little plot of sand in the again and two docks that prolong to search out to where by men and women go boating and jet-snowboarding. Several of my favorite memories as a little one were there, such as most of the summertime holiday seasons like Memorial Day and 4th of July.
In the course of the summer months, we’d place our fits on and pretty a great deal continue to be in them until finally the weekend finished. We’d run at entire speed with our toes pattering on the picket boards then bounce into the chilly lake with jubilant smiles. Getting a boy or girl keeps you fearless like that for a while.
What I remember most is after swimming for a when, we’d come wrapped in large towels to sit on the picnic bench and get pleasure from a lunch our mothers and fathers had created us. Grilled corn on the cob, fried walleye, my Godfather’s famed lip-smacking very good buffalo wings, refreshing watermelon slices and of training course, a superior dessert.
Strawberry shortcakes always frequented the cabin. Juicy sugar-soaked strawberries piled on leading of the retail outlet-bought sweet cakes and dolloped with whipped cream. It was classic but a dessert that generally remaining you glad with strawberry stained lips and a smile on your experience.
In an effort and hard work to recreate a little something unique with a contact of nostalgia for the impending summer time months, I existing you with this pleasant grain free of charge and gluten cost-free strawberry shortcake cake with a blend of almond flour and coconut flour! It bakes up wonderfully sweet, properly moist and just so happens to be each gluten no cost and dairy free of charge (if you’d like).
Substances in gluten free strawberry shortcake cake
This gorgeous almond flour strawberry shortcake cake is a lot easier to make than it looks with just a few specialty substances to maintain it grain and gluten totally free. You’ll need:
- Coconut oil: alternatively of butter, use coconut oil. If you desire, you can use melted vegan butter or normal butter if not dairy totally free, but I would minimize the amount to 3/4 cup.
- Organic sugar: I like employing an organic sugar in this recipe, but you can also use standard or coconut sugar. If you use coconut sugar, the cake will arrive out darker.
- Eggs: you will want six eggs in this recipe to be certain that this strawberry shortcake cake bakes up nicely. Really do not stress, it’s not eggy!
- Almond milk: the cake turns into effortlessly dairy cost-free with almond milk, but you can use any milk you’d like.
- Vanilla & almond extract: both of those vanilla and almond extract jointly genuinely carry out an remarkable taste in the cake.
- Coconut flour: coconut flour absorbs the liquid in this recipe and also creates a nice cake texture (particularly for a grain no cost/gluten free of charge cake). Do not skip this for the reason that it is vital to the recipe.
- Almond flour: I like to use a high-quality almond flour (alternatively than almond food) in this recipe. It helps to maintain the cake moist and create a mild crumb texture.
- Baking powder: you will using baking powder, not baking soda, in this recipe to give this cake the ideal consistency.
- New strawberries: for including in-involving the layers and on major of your shortcake cake.
- For the frosting: product cheese (vegan/dairy totally free if preferred), natural powdered sugar (or my paleo powdered sugar recipe), vanilla extract and vanilla bean for further delicious vanilla taste.
Technically it’s not a legitimate strawberry shortcake, but the flavors are my favourite jointly, in particular with a very little vanilla bean product cheese frosting on top. And you get to use each almond flour & coconut flour — whoo hoo! And to maintain it dairy free of charge, merely use a vegan cream cheese.
Ideas for making this almond flour strawberry shortcake cake:
- You need to have a handful of critical kitchen area applications for this recipe such as: 9 inch cake pans, parchment paper (or these great pre-minimize parchment paper rounds), an offset spatula for the frosting, a good established of mixing bowls and a nice cake stand.
- Make confident to melt and cool your coconut oil in advance of introducing it so that it does not coagulate in the batter.
- Make sure you observe the directions as written, and wait until finally the cakes are absolutely great in advance of frosting them. Following they are frosted, I advise storing the grain free strawberry shortcake cake in fridge for optimum freshness.
- You can make this cake 1-2 times ahead of time and it will nevertheless be absolutely tasty!
How to make paleo strawberry shortcake cake:
To make this strawberry shortcake cake paleo, simply just use coconut sugar, a dairy free product cheese and a paleo helpful powdered sugar option. You can also use Easy Mills frosting.
How to keep & freeze this strawberry shortcake cake
Just one of the most effective parts about this grain free of charge strawberry shortcake cake recipe is that you can make it 1-2 days forward of time. I like to make the cakes ahead of time and preserve them in the fridge for effortless assemble, but you can also keep it just after you have frosted the cake, as well!
How to shop strawberry shortcake cake: I recommend storing the cake lined in the refrigerator for up to 5 times.
To freeze: feel free to freeze this cake either frosted or unfrosted for up to 2 months. I endorse freezing it unfrosted an in individual layers for most effective results. Initial, wrap each personal levels in plastic wrap, then aluminium foil and then placing the cakes in a zip-top freezer bag. When you are all set to provide it, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then permit the cake appear to area temperature ahead of serving.
I know you are heading to enjoy this almond flour strawberry shortcake cake, you should permit me know if you make it by leaving a comment and rating the recipe down below. I’d enjoy to listen to from you and it assists motivate other folks to make the recipe much too! xo.
Pictures: Sarah Fennel
Much more grain free of charge dessert recipes to try:
Grain Cost-free Omega-3 Fudgy Walnut Skillet Brownies
The Greatest Paleo Chocolate Cake with Paleo Chocolate Frosting
Grain Free of charge Tahini Brownies
Damn Good Peanut Butter Banana Cake (gluten cost-free, grain absolutely free)
Leave a Reply