4-Ingredient Banana Pancakes (baby & kid-friendly!)
I get so numerous requests more than on Instagram to incorporate much more infant recipes right here on the blog. Here’s the factor though: most of what we provide Sidney is what we eat ourselves!
For instance, the other working day we designed him my famed chicken soup recipe, except we just drained the broth or typically will insert salt to the dishes afterwards. He also Enjoys my minestrone soup, mainly any curry recipe of mine, my peanut butter banana oatmeal cups (with no the chocolate chips!) and of course, my chickpea flour banana bread.
This remarkable little one pancake recipe is 1 I’ve been creating for Sidney considering that he was close to 7 months aged. They are newborn helpful, toddler welcoming, but most importantly delightful and nutritious for little ones (and grown ups) of all ages. Sidney prefers to devour them with a very little peanut butter on top.
I hope you give these pancakes a check out (no matter what your age) and allow me know how you like them by leaving a remark & rating the recipe!
All the things you’ll require to make kid-welcoming pancakes
When I say 4 component pancakes I actually indicate it! You almost certainly now have these straightforward ingredients in your kitchen area to make these banana egg pancakes that are ideal for babies, toddlers, kiddos and even grown ups. They’re wholesome, healthy and so substantially entertaining to make. Plus, there are straightforward techniques to customize them to your small one’s requires.
- Banana: you are going to just will need a single medium ripe banana in this recipe. Be certain to use one with a lot of brown spots to beautifully sweeten the pancakes and make them smooth ample for your little one particular.
- Eggs: these toddler banana pancakes also have two eggs for the fantastic strengthen of protein. I do not propose flax eggs or any other sub, sorry!
- Coconut flour: I appreciate making use of coconut flour in these pancakes to continue to keep them grain & gluten cost-free when including healthful fat, but I have also made them with oat flour, almond flour, complete wheat flour and all reason. See my notes in the recipe itself.
- Milk: come to feel absolutely free to use any milk you’d like. We prefer dairy free but standard milk or even breastmilk will perform just as nicely.
What would make these banana pancakes perfect for young ones and toddlers?
I absolutely appreciate making these child-helpful banana pancakes for my 1 yr outdated son Sidney since they pack a substantial nutritional punch with super simple ingredients. These child pancakes:
- Have no extra sugars. We test to only give Sidney purely natural sugars from fruit, and these pancakes have the great amount of money of sweetness from the ripe banana. He loves them! I unfold with a skinny layer of nut butter and dice into chunk-sized pieces.
- Are gluten & grain cost-free. Working with a bit of coconut flour retains these pancakes grain and gluten no cost, but I like the taste it offers the pancakes, in addition to nutritious fats and fiber!
- Have lots of protein & fiber. These kid-helpful pancakes pack 15g of protein and 9g of fiber making use of just 4 easy components! Great for increasing infants and toddlers to preserve them complete and satisfied.
- Are packed with nutritious fat. Coconut flour also gives a supply of nutritious fats that are excellent for your minimal one’s advancement. See below for more dietary boosts!
Incorporate a nutritional raise to these child pancakes
As I outlined, these pancakes are wonderful for customizing to your child’s wants and choices. Experience totally free to increase a teaspoon or two of the subsequent dietary boosters to the batter of these pancakes:
- Hemp seeds: give healthier fat, fatty acids and a increase of protein. They also contain superior vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron and zinc.
- Chia seeds: are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and contain fiber, iron and calcium, also!
- Flaxseed food: terrific for digestion and include things like omega-3s and fiber.
These substances give even additional healthful fats and nutritional vitamins that are excellent for rising babies, toddlers and even grownups.
Can I use a distinctive flour in this recipe?
Yes! If you don’t have coconut flour on-hand or your little one, toddler or kiddo has a nut allergy, truly feel absolutely free to use all objective, entire wheat, oat flour or even infant oat cereal in these banana pancakes.
A notice on subbing flours: make sure you observe that if you swap flours you may perhaps not require to add any milk to the batter. This is due to the fact coconut flour is very absorbent. The batter should really be comparable to pancake batter, if it is as well thick, insert in a teaspoon at a time of milk of option.
How to make newborn friendly pancakes
- Mash your banana. Be sure to use a banana that is pleasant and ripe with heaps of brown places on the peel. Mash it in a medium bowl.
- Add your eggs. Crack two eggs into the bowl with the mashed banana and whisk with a fork until effectively mixed. It is okay if there are some lumps of banana.
- Increase flour & milk. Future, include in coconut flour and milk and blend to combine. The batter need to be identical to standard pancake batter if it’s way far too thick, you could need to incorporate in more milk, however it is significant you only begin with a teaspoon at a time.
- Cook dinner your pancakes. Frivolously coat a nonstick pan or nonstick griddle with butter, coconut oil, vegan butter or olive oil and location about medium heat. The moment the pan is warm, insert 1 heaping tablespoon of the batter to the griddle for each and every pancake and cook dinner for 2-3 minutes until eventually pancakes somewhat puff up and you see a couple bubbles along the edges.
- Flip & serve. Flip the cakes and cook dinner until finally golden brown on the underside. If you discover that pancakes are browning too immediately then you require to decreased the heat. I normally commence on medium heat, then lessen to medium very low later so that my pancakes don’t melt away. Wipe the skillet clean up and repeat. Sense no cost to serve as is or spread with a skinny layer of nut butter or yogurt!
Can I use these pancakes for infant led weaning?
Absolutely! Infant led weaning is a model of feeding toddlers and infants where by they can follow feeding themselves stable foodstuff. Mainly because these newborn pancakes are smooth, your little one can experiment having them with their palms, follow with forks, and can even enjoy them before their tooth come in. Just pay out notice to how you slash them for your baby’s age. If you want to make the pancakes softer, then make confident the banana you use is unbelievably ripe and you may want to increase a little far more milk.
Healthful banana pancakes for all ages
Great information: these banana egg pancakes are not just for infants and youngsters! They really make a delicious and wholesome breakfast for youngsters and older people of all ages. Once your kiddo is a little bit older, this recipe is a fantastic activity for you two to make with each other! Really feel absolutely free to incorporate a couple of mini chocolate chips for a enjoyable breakfast deal with.
Freezer-helpful little one pancakes
These infant and toddler-welcoming banana pancakes are also effortless to freeze for later on, creating them the great breakfast for mamas to prep.
- Location the pancakes on a baking sheet so they are not touching and place in the freezer for 30 minutes (this is referred to as a flash freeze)
- Then area them in freezer risk-free containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Once ready to reheat, simply just insert pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or until heat.
Tools you are going to have to have
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula (use the code ‘AMBITIOUS’ for 10% off your initially order) — a lesser flexible spatula will perform best for this recipe!
Get a lot more of my kitchen necessities in this article.
Additional child-helpful pancake recipes to test
Get all of our pancake & waffle recipes listed here!
I hope you and your small kinds appreciate these 4-component banana egg pancakes! If you make them be confident to leave a remark & a score so I know how you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Try to eat Enjoy Eats
Leave a Reply